TriCare Coverage Extension Act
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

TriCare Coverage Extension Act

Marines

Just got this info via email re. the TriCare Extension Act. Pretty much self explains. Just thought I'd pass it on

Dan

The TRICARE Coverage Extension Act

Week of April 05, 2010
    Many beneficiaries with dependent children are asking if the Health Care Reform Act (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) will extend coverage for their adult children up to age 26. TRICARE's official answer is no. "The current age limits -- 21 or age 23, if the dependent is in a full-time school program -- are set by statute." In response Representative Martin Heinrich (N.M.) introduced "The TRICARE Dependent Coverage Extension Act" (H.R. 4923), a bill that would extend TRICARE coverage for dependent children to the maximum age of 26.

Last edited by USNAviator; 04-06-10 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Error in posting

Dan, Sir- pass this to any one that has questions about Tri-Care call Linda DeSalvo at Keller Hospital, USMA West Point. Like Brett Hart , the Wrestler, she is the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be in dealing with Tri-Care.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Joe

Thanks for the heads up. Ah yes upstate NY, absolutely beautiful country!!! When I was a kid we use to spend a week up at Lake George then head further north, stunning scenery and wonderful people!

TriCare is great! After I retired in '98, the girls were still living with us. I think we were paying $129/month for full coverage!!! $35 for dental. Try doing that in the civilian world!

I just wanted to pass along the email I received. I know there are some older and retired Marines here who have dependents in the situation that was described.

Thanks again Joe

Dan

Thread Information