Report: Redskins acquire QB Donovan McNabb - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    Awwwwwwwww brother, I am a NOLES fan and I will admit that the kid has a heart and soul himself that has been bigger than my team the entire 4 years he was a Gator....and as a Nole that is sad to say. Just give him a chance. He IS a project, but nobody will work as hard as he will. He competes...at every level.

Oh, I agree he has great talent and as a Gator fan, that was hard to say. The reality is he has little to no experience under center, and the shotgun every play will not work in the NFL. Also, his scrambling ability is awsome, but in the NFL that is a sure fire ticket to IR. I am just afraid he will be like a lot of former Gator QB's....non-producers when they go to the NFL.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Tim Tebow (Florida) - Terry Baker (Oregon State)
    Here's a little bit of history about "Touchdown Terry Baker". When I think of Tim Tebow entering the NFL I think of Terry Baker. I saw him play on the television. He was very, very good....just like Tebow.
    On November 27, 1962, it was announced that Baker was the winner of the Heisman Trophy for his achievements during the 1962 season. He was the first person to win the Heisman Trophy west of Texas and the only player ever to win from Oregon State. In addition to winning the Heisman in 1962, he also won the Maxwell Award and the W.J. Voit Memorial Trophy, was a consensus first team All-American, was named the Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year, was a Helms Foundation Award recipient, and was the winner of 14 player of the year awards, including the AP, UPI, and The Sporting News. He was also part of the All-Star team in the 1963 College All-Star Game, the last time the All-Star team would ever defeat the reigning NFL champions.

After graduation, Baker entered the 1963 NFL Draft and was the first overall pick, by the Los Angeles Rams. Baker played with the Rams for 3 seasons, and later played for the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL while earning a J.D. at the University of Southern California Law School. He is considered the first of many Heisman trophy busts in the NFL, mainly due to his style of play not fitting into the Rams' offensive scheme. This could also be attributed to the fact that the head coach of the LA Rams often had Baker lining up as a running back. It is also widely accepted that Baker was ahead of his time as a dual threat quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    Awwwwwwwww brother, I am a NOLES fan and I will admit that the kid has a heart and soul himself that has been bigger than my team the entire 4 years he was a Gator....and as a Nole that is sad to say. Just give him a chance. He IS a project, but nobody will work as hard as he will. He competes...at every level.
    Reid loves a project; I could see the kid being the No 2 instead of Vick real quick.

Thread Information