Report: Redskins acquire QB Donovan McNabb
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Report: Redskins acquire QB Donovan McNabb

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Redskins have acquired QB Donovan McNabb from the Eagles for undisclosed compensation.

It's also unclear if the Redskins have extended McNabb's contract; he's entering the final year of his deal. We're guessing, but DE Andre Carter may be headed to Philadelphia along with perhaps Washington's fourth-round pick (No. 103) and more considerations. Jason Campbell will presumably move into the primary backup role in D.C., assuming the Skins haven't rescinded his restricted free agent tender. The Kevin Kolb era in Philadelphia has begun.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/361702...s-player_news/

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Uh, isn't Philly in the same division as the Redskins? If so, WTF is the owner of the Eagles thinking?

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @AAV Crewchief

To me it looks like the Eagles figured that they cannot win a SB with McNabb so they dumped him for draft picks

Credits
    Savings
    I don't think its his fault though. He hasn't had a STUD RB ever and TO was the only stud rec he had and we all know TO is effing nuts.

McNabb will have nearly all the tools he needs to build a great squad in wash. But did they get a new coach? And wtf were the eagles owners thinking?

Credits
    Savings
    Well, I guess he'd rather go to Washington and deep pockets Daniel Snyder than work for that crazy coot named AL Davis.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Well the Skins will be drafting OL now for sure

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    Well, I guess he'd rather go to Washington and deep pockets Daniel Snyder than work for that crazy coot named AL Davis.
    Dan Snyder is the most hated man in D.C.

I feel bad for Jason Campbell, he is getting blamed for the failure of the Redskins offense, but the truth is that the whole organization is dysfunctional. I feel bad for McNabb spending his twilight years here, but D.C. is a fun town....

Rheinmark187,

I think there is AT LEAST one more man hated in DC than Dan Snyder and by more people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by artypig View Post
    Rheinmark187,

I think there is AT LEAST one more man hated in DC than Dan Snyder and by more people!!!

I know what you're thinking, but D.C. is full of Libs and the only man more hated than Snyder moved to Texas over a year ago.

All of us here in Philly are in disbelief that they traded him within the division. Thats a Philly sports team for you.........

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @spotts

Reid does not fear McNabb. They know him very well. They feel that this is a better direction for them.

Good move for the Skins as they have a mature core of receivers and tight ends. The running game is a question and they may address that in the draft also.

This a very deep draft too. Three or four rounds are deep at several positions except QB

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    @spotts

Reid does not fear McNabb. They know him very well. They feel that this is a better direction for them.

Good move for the Skins as they have a mature core of receivers and tight ends. The running game is a question and they may address that in the draft also.

This a very deep draft too. Three or four rounds are deep at several positions except QB
    So what are the odds reid picks up tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    So what are the odds reid picks up tebow?

Just my opinion, but I don't think Tebow is gonna do very good in the NFL.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    Just my opinion, but I don't think Tebow is gonna do very good in the NFL.

Awwwwwwwww brother, I am a NOLES fan and I will admit that the kid has a heart and soul himself that has been bigger than my team the entire 4 years he was a Gator....and as a Nole that is sad to say. Just give him a chance. He IS a project, but nobody will work as hard as he will. He competes...at every level.

Thread Information