Security Question
Create Post

Security Question

I have a resident green card. I was born in England, I served six years in the corp. My step son who was born here has enlisted. He has taken the DLAB test and received a Intel slot. He went into the recruiters today to sign his statement of understanding and it asks if his immediate family are citizens, his mother and biological father are. My question is, will I need to be a citizen, or at least in the process of becoming one for him to apply for a security clearance. Any help with this would be great, I couldn't post in the recruiting forums.

I can't help you with your security questions, but it's Corps, not corp.

I have no idea. Did you ask the recruiter?

Yes he did, the recruiter wasn't sure and said he would try and find out for the next PT session which is Sat. I just wanted to get a jump start on things if it turns out I need to apply asap. I have always intended to apply just haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman72 View Post
    Yes he did, the recruiter wasn't sure and said he would try and find out for the next PT session which is Sat. I just wanted to get a jump start on things if it turns out I need to apply asap. I have always intended to apply just haven't gotten around to it.
    Yeah, I know how that goes. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Well, you know what, since it's something you've always wanted to do anyway, just do it. Maybe this is the Universe's way of telling you it's finally time.

England is a U.S. ally, so the relatives issue won't affect his ability to obtain the SCI portion of the TS security clearance.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This Attorney is the Expert on Military Security Clearances.

Mathew B. Tully is a field artillery officer in the New York National Guard and a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is also the founding partner of Tully, Rinckey and Associates (www.fedattorney.com/), a law firm in Albany, N.Y. E-mail your legal questions to askthelawyer@militarytimes.com.

Good Luck.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

It'll probably take a little longer for him to get his clearance, but there should be no issue with him actually getting it - just probably going to take a little bit more time on the investigation.

It will for sure take longer to do his background investigation whether you become a citizen now or not.

Thread Information