Could use some advice from Marines..Thanks
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Could use some advice from Marines..Thanks

My original MOS was Supply Administration. I thought about changing my MOS to something more combat related. I feel that since I have the possibility of going to a combat zone I should choose a MOS that is combat related so I can have more combat training and be ready for any hostile encounters. Plus I may never have the chance to do something that is combat related ever again in my life and will be a experience I never forget for the rest of my life. I will be truthful and say that I am afraid to do combat and just be in a combat zone but I won't let fear get to me. Being afraid is something natural in human beings it's what you do while your afraid that counts. If I was really so afraid I wouldn't join the Marines or the military I just don't let the fear get the best of me. I will utilize all the training I receive to the best of my ability and be confident in what I do. I am unsure what MOS to choose from either
    Artillery-MOS 0847 Artillery Meteorological Man
    MOS 0811 Field Artillery Cannoneer
    or
    Infantry MOS 0341 Mortarman
    ....Google couldn't give me advice so hopefully some Marines would tell me what they feel or think. I apologize if any of my facts or opinions are wrong sorry in advance if I sound ignorant....Thanks for the help

How do you go from supply admin, which you probably won't even deploy and if you do your ass will be so far inside a main base you'll never see the wire, let along leave it...to mortarman, which you'll probably get shot at on a daily basis?

(hears voices say).....just leave and don't say anything..... leaving, I sir.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    How do you go from supply admin, which you probably won't even deploy and if you do your ass will be so far inside a main base you'll never see the wire, let along leave it...to mortarman, which you'll probably get shot at on a daily basis?
    I originally picked supply admin as my second choice and mortarman as my third choice artillery was my fourth choice

hahahaha at wookie

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    (hears voices say).....just leave and don't say anything..... leaving, I sir.

too funny....we must share the same voices.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    What was your first?
    My first choice was combat correspondent but I didn't have the asvab score.

Don't be a 0847. They just play with weather balloons and survey tripods all day (its no longer just weather, its sensory support/survey). Its pretty gay if you are looking for combat related jobs.

Thread Information