MOS field question.
Create Post

MOS field question.

Hello Marines,

I became a DEP poolee in early October. I had signed for AF field but had a recommendation for the AG field. My recruiter informed me that he was able to get me a slot for the AG. He has not shown me any documentation of that. My ship date changed from April to June however, and on the poolee board it has "AG" next to my name. If he did, shouldn't he have the contract somewhere where it had been changed? I'm wondering if I'm going to get to MEPs and see AF still on the papers. Any input would on what I should do to make sure that it has in fact been done would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

Dave,

I am sure your recruiter is on the up and up. But, I would definetly ask for a copy of your new contract. He should have no problem giving it to you. It will give you piece of mind..

Quote Originally Posted by ds11 View Post
    Hello Marines,

I became a DEP poolee in early October. I had signed for AF field but had a recommendation for the AG field. My recruiter informed me that he was able to get me a slot for the AG. He has not shown me any documentation of that. My ship date changed from April to June however, and on the poolee board it has "AG" next to my name. If he did, shouldn't he have the contract somewhere where it had been changed? I'm wondering if I'm going to get to MEPs and see AF still on the papers. Any input would on what I should do to make sure that it has in fact been done would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

Have you signed a contract for you job? If you haven't then hound your recruiter until he shows you your job contract. If you don't sign one then very good chance that you can get put in as open contract. ALWAYS get everything in writing and when in doubt ask for a copy so you can keep at home.

You have to clarify everything with your recruiter. If you are confused about something then go straight to him and let him know and it will get figured out. I remember the poolee board and had a similar issue that you have about what they had me down for, I brought it up, we talked it over and got it resolved. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thezero View Post
    Have you signed a contract for you job? If you haven't then hound your recruiter until he shows you your job contract. If you don't sign one then very good chance that you can get put in as open contract. ALWAYS get everything in writing and when in doubt ask for a copy so you can keep at home.
    I signed a contract for AF, but he then said he got me AG. I just want to see solid evidence. I'm going to talk to him this week and see if he really got it changed. I would need to re-sign the contract then wouldn't I? It wouldn't make any sense as to why he couldn't do that now.

Thanks for the help so far!

Thread Information