Suggest MOS - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggest MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Puffs View Post
    CFT is pretty pointless. It's a good PT workout, but I don't think it should be something thats scored.

Rifle Qual scores are broken up between Table 1 (regular Qual) and Table 2 (combat shoot with flak kevlar and the targest are only about 30 meters away). You're scores are combined and thats how you get you're overall scored. So much for K.I.S.S.
    thats what i've heard. before it was changed all you had to do was pass table 2 for your table 1 qual score to count. blame the gunners for the changes.

If a 15 year old kid walked up to you on the street, shook your hand, told you he wanted to be just like you, and then said "Semper Fi", would you really say "DON'T SAY SEMPER FI! YOU DON'T RATE THAT!"? He's 15, leave him alone!
    Yes I would...and I've even told my brother-in-law not to say it, and his son is a Marine. To me, no one who wasn't a Marine doesn't understand what the true meaning of Semper Fi between Marines means.
    If the staff here on Leatherneck felt it was fine for wannabes and poolees to say Semper Fi and Ooh-Rah, they would let them say it. Instead, the staff put it in the rules for them NOT to say it.
    Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
    I'm tired of some people on here saying leave them alone, they are only kids. They are young men and women who are choosing to be one of the worlds finest....United States Marines. Let them learn now what it's like to follow rules and to respect the Marines here that are giving them advice on their career choice. No wannabes or poolees should be treated like kid gloves around here, and no one should have to walk around here on eggshells on how somone talks to them.
    If anyone perceives my posts as coming across as being rude and harsh, then you all are taking my posts way out of context. I'm not like some on here who go into the name calling and cursing. I may call someone a smart a$$, and that's about as harsh as I'll get with cursing at someone. I'm just telling it like it is.

I started this thread like 2 minutes after registering for this site. I am now aware of these rules, and would like people to stop telling me I don't rate to say that cuz I know now. This is my very first thread so I think I can make a mistake as long as I don't make it in the next one.

Please and thank you, I understand the rules now.

Young man, I know that you know the rules now.
    My previous post wasn't directed at you.
    You're doing fine...enjoy being here on Leatherneck, as there's lots of info that will help you out in your journey to becoming a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Yes I would...and I've even told my brother-in-law not to say it, and his son is a Marine. To me, no one who wasn't a Marine doesn't understand what the true meaning of Semper Fi between Marines means.

That is truely the saddest crap I have ever heard. And you should be ashamed of yourself for having said something like that to your family. For someone who only served two years in the Marines, was SUPPLY, and never even made it to Lance Corporal, what the hell would you know about the true meaning behind "semper fi"? Maybe you could provide a link to it like you do with everyone who ask's a simple question because you don't have the experience or the knowledge to answer it first hand. Do you know why people can say Semper Fi or Oohrah's? Because they have the freedom of speech, which we protect. I don't care what some Motard made as a rule on this site, it's a stupid rule and more people agree with me then they do you. I've even had NCO's send me PM's talking about how out of line you are becoming on these boards.

And heres some knowledge for you: Any Marine who has served more than a year in the Corps doesnt say "Semper Fi" or "ooohrah" like it's cool. THe only time those words leave my mouth is if I'm walking past a Sir or a Gunney/Sgt Major/etc. and instead of giving the "proper greeting of the day" you just say "oohrah Sgt Major" to which he will respond "semper Fi." Makes things go by a little quicker.

I'm really getting sick of you disheartening these young guys by calling them out on stupid BS that would just be better left unsaid. Do you know how many of the guys in the threads you write in send me PM's thanking me for just having answered their question and not having made them feel like a ****bag just for being motivated? I am the one who tells it like it is, you clearly have no idea how it REALLY is. But maybe I'm wrong, lord knows the 80's were the true GLORY days of the Corps.

My time in the Marine Corps was cut short do to an injury, and I had to get out. What the injury was is none of your business. That's why I never made it to LCpl.

The only time I really say Semper Fi or Ooh-Rah is to either my brother, who's a retired Marine GySgt and former Drill Instructor, former Marines when I do my volunteer work at the local VA, or when passing a former Marine in public somewhere.

As for me not liking when my brother-in-law says Semper Fi, well, you don't know him or what type of person he is....so you should just leave those comments to yourself. That's between him and me, not you or anyone else.

The person you called 'motard' and made the rules on this site is a former Marine. If you'd like to tell him what you and other NCO's, as you say, on this board think of 'his' stupid rules, send him a PM. His name is Shaffer. I'm sure he'd like to hear from you and everyone else who don't like his 'stupid motard' rules.

If ANYONE has a problem with what I say on these boards, then they can send ME a PM. No need to send them to someone else, SEND THEM TO ME. I'd like to hear from you!

On that note, if you have anything else to say about this to me, please do it by PM. No need to drag this conversation any further on the boards for everyone to see.

Have a great evening!

jporter, focus on your grades. If the local Recruiter has a physical conditioning program, ask if you can join in on it. You have 3 years. I had three months. I went from 190lbs to 145lbs. You can do it in 3 years and in a lot more healthy way. Pace yourself, and challenge yourself. Windsprints around the track for speed. Build up your mileage in running. Check out the info on the "Armstrong" program for your pullups. Crunches will come with time. If you are carrying a 4.0, why not consider the reserves and college first? As for an M.O.S., consider what is going to make you money on the outside with the MOS selection. Make the MOS decision closer to the tme you decide to go DEP. Most importantly, savor what you have right now. Relax and enjoy those teenage years.

That is truely the saddest crap I have ever heard. And you should be ashamed of yourself for having said something like that to your family. For someone who only served two years in the Marines, was SUPPLY, and never even made it to Lance Corporal, what the hell would you know about the true meaning behind "semper fi"? Maybe you could provide a link to it like you do with everyone who ask's a simple question because you don't have the experience or the knowledge to answer it first hand. Do you know why people can say Semper Fi or Oohrah's? Because they have the freedom of speech, which we protect. I don't care what some Motard made as a rule on this site, it's a stupid rule and more people agree with me then they do you. I've even had NCO's send me PM's talking about how out of line you are becoming on these boards.

And heres some knowledge for you: Any Marine who has served more than a year in the Corps doesnt say "Semper Fi" or "ooohrah" like it's cool. THe only time those words leave my mouth is if I'm walking past a Sir or a Gunney/Sgt Major/etc. and instead of giving the "proper greeting of the day" you just say "oohrah Sgt Major" to which he will respond "semper Fi." Makes things go by a little quicker.

I'm really getting sick of you disheartening these young guys by calling them out on stupid BS that would just be better left unsaid. Do you know how many of the guys in the threads you write in send me PM's thanking me for just having answered their question and not having made them feel like a ****bag just for being motivated? I am the one who tells it like it is, you clearly have no idea how it REALLY is. But maybe I'm wrong, lord knows the 80's were the true GLORY days of the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    My time in the Marine Corps was cut short do to an injury, and I had to get out. What the injury was is none of your business. That's why I never made it to LCpl.

The only time I really say Semper Fi or Ooh-Rah is to either my brother, who's a retired Marine GySgt and former Drill Instructor, former Marines when I do my volunteer work at the local VA, or when passing a former Marine in public somewhere.

As for me not liking when my brother-in-law says Semper Fi, well, you don't know him or what type of person he is....so you should just leave those comments to yourself. That's between him and me, not you or anyone else.

The person you called 'motard' and made the rules on this site is a former Marine. If you'd like to tell him what you and other NCO's, as you say, on this board think of 'his' stupid rules, send him a PM. His name is Shaffer. I'm sure he'd like to hear from you and everyone else who don't like his 'stupid motard' rules.

If ANYONE has a problem with what I say on these boards, then they can send ME a PM. No need to send them to someone else, SEND THEM TO ME. I'd like to hear from you!

On that note, if you have anything else to say about this to me, please do it by PM. No need to drag this conversation any further on the boards for everyone to see.

Have a great evening!
    Screw you and your PM's. I'll call you out in front of every person on this board everytime you pull some out of line BS just like you do to the young guys you hypocrite.

And your career got cut short by an injury, huh? Must have been pretty bad because I've seen Marine's who are still serving that got their leg blown off in a COMBAT Zone and then RETURNED to a combat zone. Here's a link for yuh:

http://www.militaryconnection.com/ve...ne-combat.html

That's a REAL Marine. And I'd doubt he'd give some 15 year old kid **** if he came up to him and gave him a semper fi. What's next? Calling out a 5 year old because he salutes you without a cover on? I bet you would have loved to chew JFK's son out if you had the chance.

Thread Information