Inherited A Couple of Cool Toys!
Create Post

Inherited A Couple of Cool Toys!

My stepfather-in-law (kind of a contrary, cantankerous old buzzard, but he was family, y'know) recently passed, and my mom-in-law has been going through his stuff. First thing she gave me was his S&W model 19-4 nickel-plated 4" .357 Magnum ! Then a perfect-fitting black leather jacket (I'd never had bought one for myself). Then she says, "There's an old gun in the safe, why don't you go take a look at it and see if you want it?" So I look, and I see an M1 Carbine, Quality HMC receiver w/ Rock-Ola barrel! It's an arsenal-refurbished Korean War-era rifle, no doubt the same kind of rifle my Dad (a USMC truck driver) carried in Korea. Also, there's an ammo box half full of ammo (mostly ball rounds, but also some hollow-points), 2 15-round magazines, and 2 30-rounders. I field-stripped it, cleaned and oiled it, and took it out to play yesterday. Boy, HOWDY, what fun! Put some rounds thru the .357, too, big fun! Now to get some accessories for the rifle, like a sling and oiler, buttstock mag pouch, and of course, an M4 bayonet! It was Christmas come early! I can't believe he didn't take this stuff out and play with it more often. But, I know that this was his version of a SHTF weapon, like tactical ARs are to this generation. RIP, Bob, your stuff will get a workout now!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "SHTF weapon". Yea, bet you're right on that. You lucked out.

Lets see some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    Lets see some pics.
    Hmmm, want pics, huh? OK, but it'll take me a few, I gotta work first, then take the pics. Stay tuned....

M1 Carbine> Any of todays new age guns. After all, keep it simple stupid...

OK, sorry it's taken this long to get pics up, I've been, ahhh, busy, yeah, that's it, I've been real busy. Anyway, here's some pics of the loot.

More here: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/al...p?albumid=2149

Very NICE!!!

Man that's beautiful! Take care of it!

I think I just got wood! Lucky bastard!

That's Mean!

Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    OK, sorry it's taken this long to get pics up, I've been, ahhh, busy, yeah, that's it, I've been real busy. Anyway, here's some pics of the loot.

More here: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/al...p?albumid=2149
    Stop it, you're making me cry. I feel homesick. Congratulations Brother. S/F! Ken

I do like that shiny pistola perfect size to pack when fishing and navigating homeless burgs out there in the bresh

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    I do like that shiny pistola perfect size to pack when fishing and navigating homeless burgs out there in the bresh

--->Dave
    That's exactly the main purpose I have in mind for the .357, Dave! I plan on hittin' the Grande Ronde and Wallowa rivers in NE Oregon soon, and there are many instances of mountain cats and even bear encounters in that area. Even with a .357 Magnum, one would have to make a well-placed shot to discourage a bear, but it's better than staying home when the Steelhead are in.

Nice fire arms. You need to hug your Mother-in-Law For that.

Thread Information