Female Referee on field for Little Caesars Bowl
Create Post
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Female Referee on field for Little Caesars Bowl

Andrew Weber/US Presswire
    Sarah Thomas worked as a line judge in the Little Caesar Bowl.

DETROIT -- Sarah Thomas made history at the Little Caesars Bowl on Saturday, becoming the first woman to officiate a bowl game when she worked the matchup between Ohio and Marshall.

Thomas is one of five women officiating in major college football, but Little Caesars Bowl spokesman Tim Moore said she was the first to draw an assignment for a Bowl Subdivision postseason game.

"It was an honor," Thomas said while running off the field with her colleagues after Marshall's 21-17 victory at Ford Field.

Thomas' position as line judge meant that she spent most of the game in front of the Thundering Herd's bench, but the Marshall players didn't pay much attention.

"I noticed her before the game, but that was it," said Marshall running back Martin Ward, the game's MVP. "Once the game started, she was just doing the job that the line judge does in every game we play. It didn't matter that she was a woman at all."

Thomas became the first woman to be an official for a major college football game in 2007 and is on the NFL's list of officiating prospects. The married mother of two young sons is from Brandon, Miss., and is a pharmaceutical representative.

"She did a good job," Marshall coach Rick Minter said. "I didn't know she was the first woman to work a bowl game, so what an honor to say I was on the same sideline as she was. And, it's kind of neat that Pam Ward was doing this game on TV for ESPN."

Terri Valenti is believed to be the first woman to officiate a professional game. She was the head linesman earlier this year in a United Football League game.

Yep, saw that game (ohio native) during one of my Christmases. Everyone was pretty surprised to see it. No one had heard anything prior to the game...one would think media would have made a big deal of it for weeks prior.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    Yep, saw that game (ohio native) during one of my Christmases. Everyone was pretty surprised to see it. No one had heard anything prior to the game...one would think media would have made a big deal of it for weeks prior.
    The media does not want to report things that are historic. Americans, in particular women should have been made aware of this moment.

I saw a profile of Sarah Thomas on a sports program earlier in the season. It sure looks like she knows her stuff and does a good job on the field.

Congratulations to her on the bowl game assignment.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE0352 View Post
    I saw a profile of Sarah Thomas on a sports program earlier in the season. It sure looks like she knows her stuff and does a good job on the field.

Unless it had been Obama officiating the game, or a girl Tiger Woods ****ed, then the media doesn't really care right now.

Credits
    Savings
    I'd do her.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    Unless it had been Obama officiating the game, or a girl Tiger Woods ****ed, then the media doesn't really care right now.
    Agreed. Those are the type of women that the MSM are interested in. Good women get overlooked as usual

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    I'd do her.
    Al, you'd do anything female, and that qualification may still be negotiable.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Sarah Thomas is making history. The Mississippi mother of two is a referee

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Al, you'd do anything female, and that qualification may still be negotiable.
    He considers her a MILF

Heck...............so do I. Looks hot LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RLE0352 View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if they fielded a female for the first time in a bowl game, they would certainly make sure she was sh*t hot at her job. If she sucked (no pun intended), then it would ruin it for others to come.

Cool News!

Thread Information