Cryptologic Linguist Questions
Create Post

Question Cryptologic Linguist Questions

I am a Poolee in the DEP. My MOS is Cryptologic Linguist. My questions are...What is it like at the Defense Language Institute?, Will I still be doing PT daily with other Marines while I am there?, What are my job possibilities when I complete my language?, Is there a chance I could try out to be in Recon when I am done? -Thank you

Your schooling at the Defense Language Institute will vary from 6 months to a year and a half depending on your language. You will spend around 6 hours in class Monday through Friday. Outside of class you will be doint PT every week day with your squad/ Platoon and with the entire Marine detachment every once in a while. After you finish your language school you will report to the Marine Corps detachment, Goodfellow AFB for technical training. You'll be there anywhere from 2 to 6 months, again depending on your language. Then you will finally recieve orders to your duty station. The job you do depends on where you're stationed. If you are stationed at one of the Support BNs you will be working with the NSA, but if you recieve orders to a FMF unit (Radio BNs) you will focus on tactical SIGINT. At Radio BN there are a few different jobs as well such as SSTs, MEWWS teams, and Radio Recon teams. If Recon is what you want to do then try and get to a Radio BN and take the screening.

Use the search function. After you have scoured the board for every bit of information I and other lingusits/DLI grads have offered I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And complete your profile if you expect answers!

Jim

Thread Information