My future plan for my Marine career! - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseB2010 View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot you were the one who is serious about the abbreviation ordeal. SORRY. Drill Instructor****
    Yeah, that's right. Once you've EARNED the title and become a Marine, you can call them DI's all you want. How about showing some respect by calling them Drill Instructors, they've EARNED it.
    My brother is a retired Marine GySgt and a former Drill Instructor, and I don't even say DI to him.
    When you're going through recruit training, try calling your Drill Instructors DI.....you'll be their best friends through recruit training.

Poolee/DEP Free Member ChaseB2010's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Yeah, that's right. Once you've EARNED the title and become a Marine, you can call them DI's all you want. How about showing some respect by calling them Drill Instructors, they've EARNED it.
    My brother is a retired Marine GySgt and a former Drill Instructor, and I don't even say DI to him.
    When you're going through recruit training, try calling your Drill Instructors DI.....you'll be their best friends through recruit training.
    Once again, didn't mean to offend you. Just didn't think it made that big of a deal. You are the only Marine I've seen that takes offense to that type of stuff.

Yeah, I do take offence to that stuff.

Thread Information