2009 Army-Navy Football Game
Create Post
    Marine Free Member Matt Brzycki's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

2009 Army-Navy Football Game

For those of you who didn't watch this year's Army-Navy football game, the Navy team had the Marine Corps eagle, globe and anchor on their left sleeve and the Navy anchor on their right sleeve. Don't remember seeing that at previous games.

Here's a pic of the uniform. Note the EGA on #4's left sleeve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	navyx-large.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	8444

Matt Brzycki
    Sergeant (1975-79)

I think that debuted last year.

They also have the Marine Corps emblem on the left leg.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE0352 View Post
    I think that debuted last year.

They also have the Marine Corps emblem on the left leg.

You are correct. The new football uniforms made their debute last year......
    Navy
    Navy has a long tradition and Nike designers wanted to highlight Navy’s tradition in its uniform. This is the first collaboration Nike has done with Navy on a unique design. Navy football players will wear their traditional sun gold helmet and their jersey will have the United States Marines “globe and anchor” logo, which calls out the connection between the Marine Corps and the Navy. Also, included in the jersey are the shoulder boards, Navy with Gold trim, which depict the wings of the Blue Angel plane. Each player will also wear a unit patch representing different units of both the Army and the Navy from around the world.

Navy will wear a replica of the Marine Corps Elegant Dress Pants with the fold and red officer blood stripe running down each pant leg.

“We are extremely excited to wear these uniforms,” said Navy football head coach Ken Niumatalolo. “When we showed the uniforms to the team they went nuts. We thought it was very important that our uniform represented both the Navy and the Marine Corps.”

“Nike has been working with the Army and Navy football programs on the development of the 'Enforcer' uniforms since the spring,” said Nike’s Creative Director, Todd Van Horne. “We chose to introduce the next evolution of our football uniforms with Army and Navy based on the game’s historic nature and the tradition the two teams represent.”

While developing the new look for each team, Nike was determined to honor each academy’s past and current history with these new uniforms.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...18&newsLang=en

I can't find anything on this years jerseys, but I did hear Gary Danielson, one of the announcers, say that the red on their jerseys represented the Marine Corps.

Looking good, Semper Fidelis.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....NAVY BEAT ARMY....17 to 3!!....GO SQUIDS!!!!....

looks a lot better than the army acu's

They also stated that the red stripe on the jerseys were there to honor their Marine Corps brothers..

my Girlfriend Is A Major In The Army.we Met When She Was Teaching At West Point.needless To Say,she Is One Unhappy Camper After The Game......i Love It!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clansman5 View Post
    my Girlfriend Is A Major In The Army.we Met When She Was Teaching At West Point.needless To Say,she Is One Unhappy Camper After The Game......i Love It!!!!!!!!!
    It's just the army,lmfao, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yo Nancy DeAvila former Poolee now a Navy Cadet gonna Become a U.S.Marine Aviator"Go LILWORM Go" See told You Navy would Win OORAH

Cameron Marshall Provides Veteran Leadership at Navy

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — More than 150 football players stood in their lines for warm-ups Monday afternoon, spread across a practice field overlooking the Severn River at the edge of the Naval Academy campus. Cameron Marshall, wearing No. 48 on his white jersey, was backpedaling through the December chill with the other Midshipmen.

He is a proud 26-year-old Marine Corps veteran, the only player on the team who has already served in the military, doing two tours in Iraq, rising to sergeant and earning a Combat Action Ribbon.

More...
    I heard Marshall's name called a couple of times on special teams yesterday. Good job!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Great story, RLEO352. It kind of mirrors my son except that his the school was smaller and in another Division (NAIA). Same thing though; Three Tour Veteran Combat Marine, Sergeant, Linebacker, Middle Guard, Special Teams, Flag Carrier and Inspirational Leader.
    Once again, great story. Thanks for bringing it up.

Thread Information