Arizona and Dodge City - South Of Danang
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arizona and Dodge City - South Of Danang

Two places I grew to dread during my tour in Vietnam. Arizona with the agressive enemy forces and Dodge City with lots of "Booby traps". What recollections do you have of these areas?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dodge City Class Of '68 Graduation Was A B**CH

They were very bad places to be in. I would hate to say how meany arms and legs were lost in them places and Marines killed there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Ricko

Are you coming up to an anniversary date or something, you seem your fishing for something; may be you need to talk.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    our 6 Lt Col Dowd was kia we were hit by 2 Bat. nva reinforsed by 2 Reg....they were spose to over run our sorry butts...we killed the hell out of um.....lost two good buddys to boobytraps...only hit one myself...felt it and un-tied it from my foot...was lots of blood and guts...class of 69/70 as the Fistfu said... was B,D and C companys.

Ricko I lost some real good buddys in Dodge City. I was over there in 1972. I know it is alot to keep inside even after all these years. My wife will ask me sometimes at night whats wrong? I tell her nothing I am just thinking she will let it go at that. Any way Welcome Home Bro. Just had to say it to someone thats been there like I have. SEMPER FIDELIS. SSGT. Francisco.

yeah, the Arizona was a *****. I was there with 3/5. Don't forget Happy Valley, anybody else been there?

I was with D 1/7 When Lt.Col. Dowd was KIA. Served 1-'69 - 1-'70, pointman, team and squad leader, and radioman.

Credits
    Savings
    C 1/7 ...Happy Valley,Elephant Valley,Antenna Valley (also known as Death Valley) Hiep Duc Valley, Pagoda Valley ,Que Son Valley and beyond the valley of the dolls...including LZ Baldy and Lz Ross area's

Semper Fi

finger lakes area sucked big time. Thats where I got hit....... Those rotten bastards.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Leaherneck Square, late summer of 69' with Lima 3/3/3....lots of Marine and Doc KIA's/WIA's. Virginia Ridge...Idaho Canyon....FUN & GAMES!!
    Flew on a 141 on 9/11/69 to Japan...Yokasuka Naval Hosp......ONE WAY!!!.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation Rocket Belt A.O. Was a Bear Very Deep Kim Chee

10,000+ USMC Men were KIA.In Quang Nam Province

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    a little more then 900 kia Marines alone in Quang Nam province in the 13 months i was there....i musta been a ducker.....i said DUCKER....

I agree. Entered "The Arizona Territory" three times. April 30, 1969; July Opp. Forsythe Grove; and in Aug. for the longest and deadliest time. That's when Lt. Col. Dowd was KIA. Never actually entered "Dodge City" to my knowledge. did provide road security and patroled along its borders between Hill 37 and Hill 55. Near there in mid Feb. 1969 is when I matured as a combat Marine. The Marine who led me was KIA in action at that time. It changed my life.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Arizona and Dodge City came out of the depths of Hell.
    We took part in more than a few operations in that area
    Meade River and Taylor Common was bonified meatgrinders. 3/26

Thread Information