Another Fitness Question....
Create Post

Another Fitness Question....

Hello Marines.
    Bio: 5'10", 188 lbs, 34"waist, 14 pullups, max bench 262.5, Run 1.5m 17:16, age 27.

In 2002 I could run 3 miles in 17:22, had a 31" waist and 16 pull ups max bench was 215lbs, and weighed about 165.

I am asking what is the best way to improve my lung capacity and stamina. Over the last few years I have gained some weight mainly in my waist.

When I run, I get about 2 minutes into it and my heart rate is about 200 bpm and I cant go but for about 4 minutes like that and I have to stop and walk to catch my breath. I am trying to get into better shape and I think my best bet is to lose some body fat percentage adn then start timing my runs. I have read the moto story from the kid that lost all that weight but from what I understand when you have a lot of weight to lose(not offense) it's easier to lose it. When you get down to about where I am and just need to drop a few lbs, thats when it gets tough.

I am asking for any and all input from anyone who has had to cut weight, lower their heart rate while running, improve overall stamina and lung capacity. And anyone who has been in my situation before, If you need to see what kind of shape I'm in look at some of the pix in my profile. Thank you Marines!!!!

Also, I am a Non-Smoker

If you want to improve your run time you need run/walk/job, whatever, just move your body.

It's not hard to loose weight in your range. I'm the same age you are and from May-July this year I went from 196 to 180. I weigh 178-180 now. I didn't change a thing in my diet, I just started running. Two days on, one day off, alternating sprinting days with distance days.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    If you want to improve your run time you need run/walk/job, whatever, just move your body.

It's not hard to loose weight in your range. I'm the same age you are and from May-July this year I went from 196 to 180. I weigh 178-180 now. I didn't change a thing in my diet, I just started running. Two days on, one day off, alternating sprinting days with distance days.
    Thank you Marine. Are there any particulars to increase my stamina and lower my heart rate while running? I run out of breath very quickly and it hinders me from completing any segment of running/jogging. Iitwtally cannot run/jog but for about 2 blocks and I'm winded and my heart rate is through the roof. Therefore i have to walk for a few minutes and then try to start back jogging but cannot last for very long.

Thank you again Marine.

Thread Information