A Walk Through USMC Boot Camp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings

Drill Instructor reunion................

I was lucky enough to be invited to a Drill Instructors reunion in May, Saw Jed Bush's son graduate that Friday and the emotion when asked for all Marine vets to raise their hands was truly a great feeling.
    I did walk Panama street to the exact spot my old barracks stood 43 years before !
    It now has a clothing dispensing bldg, and right across the street ( to the right ) was an old brick bldg that had just the cinder block foundations the morning I left the Island 10-31-68 ( It is/was the motivational plt. bldg ) the old Grey bldg's in front of my old barracks were still there, I did go to Elliot's beach for a get together with former D.I.'s and present D.I.'s they actually are human ( Ha Ha ).
    It was a " bucket List " experience for sure, I will be going to Lejuene and eventually Pendleton to complete list.
    Oh and perhaps Australia Too !!

Great post. Brings back good, fun, painful, horrible memories. Thanks brother.

Semper Fi.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. When i was their in '93 the white buildings were still around and used for administrative purposes. Recruits lived in the brick buildings.

Is it possible to get onto the base as a civilian without being an invited attendee to see a graduation ceremony?

My boot camp experience from 1988

The Corps has change a lot since I entered back in 1988. I recently read a post where a DI found the blog of one of his recruits. All I could think was Wow! Things really have changed. I recently shared a post on how Marine Corps boot camp changed my life. I think you guys will really like. Check it out here: http://www.presidentspilotsentrepren...montezuma.html

Semper Fi...

Thank you for your excellent story. I liked it so much that I would like your permission to expand it and edit it to reflect my boot camp experience. Let me know if that is okay by writing to me at brady@catskinner-brady.com. When I am done with the final product, I will email you a PDF for your own use. Semper Fi!

I went in the Marines, in 04/27/54, and I was never sorry that I did, they took a boy and made a man out of me, I was sorry later on in life that I didn't make a career out of it, my last duty station was Camp LeJeune North Carolina, Base M.P.

Credits
    Savings
    Cowboy Jack, If you mean my story? Absolutely!You can copy....sorry it took me awhile to see your post

Thread Information