CrossFit
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CrossFit

CrossFit

I got hooked on it a few months ago and I'm wondering who here does CrossFit training -- I'd like to set this up to exchange workouts, times, and advice.

I'm looking for some news ways to get it done, so if you have any killer workouts - sound off.

I tried to kill myself today....

1/4 mile sprint - 84 seconds

In the pool:
    250 meter freestroke
    4 x 50 meter sprints

5 sets max pull-ups - 18, 17, 11, 8, 7 (ouch only 18 dead hangs)

3 minutes straight on the heavy bag x2

Took me 42 minutes to get it all done.

http://www.crossfit.com/

This morning was fun....

Farmers walk with 55lb dumbells for 1/4 mile.

150 total pushups, chest to the deck.

250 meter free stroke - after 50m I got out of the pool and did 25 flutter kicks poolside, got back in and did another 50m.

Light squats for reps - 150lbs 5x20

8 count bodybuilders - 5 sets of 20

Took me 50 minutes.

http://www.crossfit.com/

I just found the website. A friend told me about it and really likes it so I was thinking about starting it. They say it is a killer.

The P90X workout series/regimen is the real deal too. I found it hard to follow because I work about 30 hours OT a week.....but if you have the time this will get it done

Apparently Crossfit is about to become mainstream in the Corps. With the west coast having a facility specific for the workouts.

I know there is a crossfit in New River I plan on hitting that up when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    Apparently Crossfit is about to become mainstream in the Corps. With the west coast having a facility specific for the workouts.
    I'm not surprised to hear that. I think most Marines will enjoy the workouts that they have. It brings a lot of variety instead of the standard 3 mile run after the daily 7.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I'm not surprised to hear that. I think most Marines will enjoy the workouts that they have. It brings a lot of variety instead of the standard 3 mile run after the daily 7.
    "Another...C130 rolling down the strip...."

I've tried Crossfit and P90X.
    I found P90X to work better for me because I didn't need to go to a gym.
    The host is a douchebag, but the workouts work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    I've tried Crossfit and P90X.
    I found P90X to work better for me because I didn't need to go to a gym.
    The host is a douchebag, but the workouts work.
    Same results for me; although Crossfit can have some more crossover when you start doing more groundwork.

The P90X host? Total douche.

I heard about two years ago a navy guy sued for being forced to do cross-fit and is not "dis-abled" because of it... I thought he was just a whiny baby... like the guy suing for hazing... get over it guy...

it's like crying that you had to graduate high school and had to either work for a living or goto college... yeah, that's a bad analogy...

Cross-fit is not for amateurs.
    There is a high probably for injury.

I think that's why the MC hasn't made it mandatory like this seamans unit did...

I like the idea of doing other things other than running... MCMAP is a great way to get other types of exercise that is strenuous without not having a purpose...

sports really have no purpose other than to raise moral... I'd think it's cool to get your Plt into a sport on base... and excuse them from PT if they are on a team (during the season) to go "train"... you get some good camaraderie there...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    I think that's why the MC hasn't made it mandatory like this seamans unit did...

I like the idea of doing other things other than running... MCMAP is a great way to get other types of exercise that is strenuous without not having a purpose...
    Guys get tunnel vision with PT.
    PT is not there for tradition, PT is there to challenge and to improve.

yeah... I hear ya.

I'd like to have a 3-5 mile run Mondays, skip Tuesday, MCMAP Wednesday, sport or plt/sqd PT Thursday and leave Fridays for the company or Bn... if nothing then bust out the wheel of PT to decide... include fun stuff as it should be for moral and such... but of course have your kill-everyone PT on there as well.... you always want to leave a bit of fear in them.

The thing I've learned about CrossFit in my short time doing it is you don’t master one particular area -- you try to excel in everything. There’s nothing like it in the world, it’s a total niche workout. The whole extreme nature of the workouts is what I’m drawn to.

Thread Information