Medal and Ribbons Task Force Ripper - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That reminds me I was in desert storm also and i dont think i got all my ribbons either I was with the 1st motor battalion 1st MEF. I was Discharged in jan 1992.

doc h fmf

Quote Originally Posted by Trucrimsongold View Post
    That does help. I was just wondering if it was worth the trouble to get another DD214 just in case, but since I got out in 91 and fully in 95 during that time frame something might have went through other than the Kuwaiti Liberation Medal from Kuwait vs the one we got from Saudi. thanks again.
    You can requested an updated copy your DD-214 via NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Ave, St Louis, Mo. 63132-5100, they also have a web site
    http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

Any way I requested an updated copy of my 214, got it fairly quick but it was just an exact copy of the one I received when I got out, there were no updates.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just off the cuff and too lazy of I to look it up. I believe you fill out SF-180 and request a DD-215. Your 214 is permanate and unchangeable. Requesting a copy gets you just that you get is a copy of the original and not an upgrade or modified version.

An SF-180 can be downlaoded at the url I listed above. Section II, (Info. / Document Request) paragraph 2 (Purpose) has a box for Medals/Awards But I see no mention of a DD-215. I suppose that checking the OMPF filed whould provide the needed information. The form can be filled out & printed, but the completed form can not be saved on your PC; only the blank form.

This should help someone.
    I also googled on DD-215 and found nothing meaningful.

Last edited by Skosh59; 09-21-09 at 03:38 PM. Reason: correct spelling

I do beleive that there was a PUC, and at least a MUC that were developed after your EAS, I was with TOW 3rd Tanks CO Buster Diggs

Awards update

Can anyone tell me how to find an update for awards issued to units during the Gulf War. Sepcifically units assigned to Task Force Ripper.
    Thanks

Check the sticky at the top of this post. Lists all awards by unit and 'task force'. Should tell you what you need to know!

Sgt. Leprechaun, Thanks for the advice. Bare with me, I'm not that computer savy. What do you mean by sticky?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Page 1 of this thread pretty much laid it out.
    We got
    National Defense Service Medal
    Combat action ribbon (maybe)
    Southwest Asian Service Medal X2
    Kuatia Liberation Medal
    Kuatia Liberation Medal (K)
    Sea Service Deployment ribbon

I know I misspelled kuaiate .... fug it.

If you are out and doing a 9-5 now then who gives a chit? There is nothing to be gained by trying to get some muc or or something added to your records. Your average joe employer looks at your DD-214 and don't even know how to read it so the only thing of import on there is near the bottem where it says honorable discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by tjc289 View Post
    Sgt. Leprechaun, Thanks for the advice. Bare with me, I'm not that computer savy. What do you mean by sticky?
    LOL. No worries. A sticky is a thread at the top of a topic that stays at the top (and is 'stuck' there no matter what).

The one you are looking for is "Most current NAVMC 2922 roster of awards"

Not sure if you qualify for the SWASM x3. I qualify for the 3rd award, because I was part of the rear detachment left to help return the Division's equipment back to the states. The campaigns were: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, and Southwest Asia Cease-Fire. Southwest Asia Cease-Fire started: 12 April 1991. I left 21 April 1991.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home Guys...S/F

All,
    I registered just to answer this question. Back in 07 I found out that I could send in to a Navy site that would investigate the awards I was allowed to wear. I received one sheet of paper that stated that I was allowed to wear the Naval Unit Commendation (NUC) in addition to the other awards I knew I had; good cookie, national defense service medal, southwest asia service medal w/ 2 bronze stars, CAR, KLM kuwait, KLM saudi, and the SSDR.
    I tried the civilian life for seven years and then I reenlisted in the Army. I know... I know... lol. But I tell people to this day, "If it wasn't for my training in the Marine Corps, I never would have made it this far in my career." I am now in the process of clearing my final duty station and retiring as a Chief Warrant Officer Two from the Army with 100% disability.
    Brian

I just looked at the paperwork, here is the address that was on the paperwork. It took quite some time to receive the paperwork.

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND
    RETIRED RECORDS SECTION
    PERS 312D2
    9700 PAGE AVENUE
    ST LOUIS MO 63132-5000

One more thing; I know I'm postin alot. Since I was comin up on my retirement, I was feeling nostalgic and was looking around the web for TF RIPPER and came across this link. Also for any artillerymen out there (former 0844), I found a good video of a four round, red bag mission. I don't know which Battery this was as my mind cannot recollect every person in my unit, Hotel 3/11, but the video shows one of the four Batterys in RIPPER.
    http://www.c-span.org/video/?16800-1...k-force-ripper

Thread Information