Indecisive, need help!
Create Post

Cool Indecisive, need help!

Okay so I have been interested to be a marines ever since my cousins joined. However, I have pursued on going into nursing.
    I have to choices:
    Marines Reserve or go as active duty and make going to school as my job and once I finish go into the navy with some leadership position.
    I just want some opinions, I know I have to make this decision on my own however I think it would help me if I get other people's thoughts.
    Thanks

First Marines is always with a capital M. Second you want to be a Marine, not a Marines. Thirdly, go navy and become a hospital corpsman. If you want to be a nurse dont waste your time in a mos that wont help you in the long run. Why go Marine then navy. You would lose rank and time in. I would go Navy and learn leadership as a corpsman and stay in. Just my two cents.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Like the Cpl. said if you are set on pursuing a career as a nurse or in the medical field join the Navy as a corpsman. Marines get nowhere without a good corpsman.

Agreed. Can never have enough Corpsmen. Most of them do everything the Marines do, and then some. Plus, they get a ****-load of respect from the Marines.

Just join the Marine Corps. I feel like a nurse half the time, I have to coddle and take care of junior Marines that can't take care of themselves. But seriously, if you really want to be a nurse, join the Navy and become a Corpsman or just stay civilian sector, I don't think that nursing school is that expensive though I may be wrong. I don't think civilians want ex-military nurses, seeing as how you'll have 20 tattoos of random stuff, you'll curse like a sailor, be callous as hell, and find pleasure in other people's pain.

Patient- "I don't feel well nurse, I think I might have AIDS."
    You- "Here's a straw."
    Patient- "What do I do with this?"
    You- "Suck it up! Here's some Motrin, don't forget to hydrate."

I'm going to have to agree with all the other Marines on this thread. I see no reason why you should try to become with the sole intention of becoming a Sailor later. Either you want to be a Marine or you don't. Wishy-washy attitudes don't cut it. It sounds like you would rather be a nurse than a Marine anyway, so try to be a Corpsman.

Rest assured, though, that just because they are in the Navy doesn't mean they have it any easier than some Marines. Most Corpsmen sure as h*ll don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Agreed. Can never have enough Corpsmen. Most of them do everything the Marines do, and then some. Plus, they get a ****-load of respect from the Marines.
    No doubt. The Corpsmen I worked with were more hardcore than 90% of my company. Oorah Corpsman!

Quote Originally Posted by killbodies3027 View Post
    No doubt. The Corpsmen I worked with were more hardcore than 90% of my company. Oorah Corpsman!
    True enough...it takes balls to lay down your weapon in a fire fight in order to make sure one of your Marines is ok.

Thread Information