Female and Male Poolee Relationships - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Female's don't have the best reputation in the Corps.
    If you don't mind could you go more into that for those of us who aren't Marines? What do male Marines think about females Marines and why? I mean the both of you go through the same training and all, the only difference is your choices available of MOS right? By the way that story about the female Gunnery Sergeant scares the heck out of me, it would seem like they do have some considerable power in the Corps if that story is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg1990 View Post
    If you don't mind could you go more into that for those of us who aren't Marines? What do male Marines think about females Marines and why? I mean the both of you go through the same training and all, the only difference is your choices available of MOS right?
    What do male civilians think about female civilians.....same thing.
    There are more important things to worry about than whether male poolees can date female poolees. Why don't all of you wannabes and poolees do something more constructive with your time, like learning your Generals orders, being physically fit, hoping and praying that you make it through Boot Camp....and getting yourselves prepared for being away from family and friends for 3 months at Boot Camp....then worrying about who can date who.
    If you all think that your more than prepared for Boot Camp.....think again!!! It's not club Med you're going to.

There are plenty of reasons why. Some fair, some not so fair.

By no means do my following comments paint all WM's with a broad "nasty" brush stroke. I personally have met with several hard charging and rather cool WM's, including one Lt. that could run my dic into the dirt.

That said...

Here is some of the rational... don't lambaste me.

For one, when you see a mixed pog unit out on a formation run, if seven Marines fell out, five are the females and that's out of six females in the unit. Okay, maybe that's hyperbole, but barely.

Some WM's have a bad attitude about being females. (ie I'm a female why should I have to?) and they stick out like a sore thumb. It might not be fair, but in my personal experience I have seen it quite often. They either outright refuse to do something or do it with a poor attitude... or they use that sexuality to get out of things. Seen the first not the second.

Then there is the issue of male Marines being burned by vindictive WM's by claiming sexual harrasment. I doubt it happens often at all, but once or twice is all it takes. When I was faped to the education office, I personally saw it when, a CPL told a WM to cover up her unbra'ed chest because it was unprofessional. That turned into a sexual harrassment suit and the male always gets the green weenie on that one. That's universal in live. Both military and civillian.

Finally, there are WM's with a grudge. They're in, they know that WM's have it tough and they're out to make everyone's life miserable (or at least appear to) to prove they are hard-asses. Those are the kind that would jump on my azz for even saying WM.

Then there is good old fashioned misogyny on the male Marines behalf.

The previous, certainly isn't the case for the vast majority of WM's. However, a few bad apples can appear to spoil the bunch. It's unfortuneate that there are so few WM's that it takes less bad apples than in a normal case.

On a positive note. Once Marines get to know you personally, than your personality, not stereotypes, stick. Stay hard charging and you shouldn't have a problem. Only from the aholes (possibly) that don't know you. You'll be a Marine just the same as any of us are.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you LASWMarine, Alisium, & Burnthesky. I have seen similar situations in my civi world. & have heard similar experiences from other former & current Marines, as described by Alisium. & at he same time I've heard those guys say "ya they may falter on some of the physical, but they're still hard core gung ho Marines" I know women in predominantly male carrers get a slighted view taken of them, but it is also my thinking that those women who become Marines do their darnedest to hold up an especially high standard to combat that slighted view (maybe not all, but I'll bet most). All the WM's I know are hard core & will kick my butt. If anything I give them a touch more respect for succeeding in a male dominant institution. I do think wm's are sexy but far from a lust driven emotional sence. Further at my rss I dont care if I magically notice any look, I doubt there are, & I'm not intrested in 18year olds anyway. I'm there to pt & to do what I have to to earn my title. Can't believe this caused such decention

Thread Information