a few head scratchers
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

a few head scratchers

first off my name is Jacob Hathaway I am 17 but studying in 9th grade so by the time I graduate from highschool I'd be 20 before, so is there a way to enter the marines WITHOUT finishing highschool? also I'm living overseas in a post-soviet country called Tajikistan so I need to knowjust who I could contact to sign up for the marines and one last question, sense I've ben living overseas for almost 7 would that be counted against me or would it hlp me get into the marines because I can speak russian though ot fluintaly. hpe someone can at least help out a little cause I've searhed for hours and have found no answers to the only questions I have.

Head. Hurt. Grammar.

Alright, I'll help.

Here's what I found for a general attack. I'm sure there's a recruiter on here somewhere who can also answer what they can and point you in more specific direction for your situation. But please, work on the english and grammar usage and reread your posts before posting.

http://www.marines.com/rmi?WT.mc_id=AXW123AXXAXX0207

Credits
    Savings
    sorry. I'm impatiant and working with a dial-up connect makes it worse. And like I said I haven't been in the US for 7 years, so I'm stuck without any english contact to. I tried marines.com but they demand alot of info I don't have like a phone number with ten numbers in it. I wrote to a recruiter on myspace last week but haven't got anything back. Is there any actual recruiter I can ask without haveing to fill in a page of private information,or at least one that can help?

Not sure about a lot of your questions, but you CAN enlist if you get your GED, which you can do without graduating. Not sure how it works in Tajikistan though...

Credits
    Savings
    Wtf!!

I am a Career Recruiter. So I will try to answer the most important question. Our GED quotas have dramatically dropped over the last year or so. I turn down GED's every day. Your best bet would be to get 15 college level courses above the 100 level. Since you are in canada, make sure they are equivelant(?) to that of the United States.

Credits
    Savings
    Canada? Not in Canada Gunny.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tajikistan (pronounced /təˈdʒɪkɨstæn/ or /təˈdʒiːkɨstæn/; Тоҷикистон /tɔʤikɪsˈtɔn/), officially the Republic of Tajikistan (Tajik: Ҷумҳурии Тоҷикистон, Jumhurii Tojikiston), is a mountainous landlocked country in Central Asia. Afghanistan borders to the south, Uzbekistan to the west, Kyrgyzstan to the north, and People's Republic of China to the east.

I don't know what to think about this one???

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Well none of that sounds very promising. as of today Tajik schools will be teaching until 10th grade, a move the corrupt goverment here made to counter their minister of education's idea of changeing it to 12 years. any way the school system is all diffrent here. still has alot of post-soviet habbits it needs to work out. I've been learning a Canadian cariculam (please forgive the spelling.) and quiet frankly haven't learned a single thing from school in the last 2 years. so does anyone know how I can become a or any idea of someone I can talk to, to help get it all sorted out?

P.S. Please forgive the attitude I'm a bit off today.

You're not one of those TERRORISTS, are you? (Someone had to ask) I don't trust any of those '-stan's', you might be one of those Americans who ran off to the Middle-East to fight for the jihad just like that Walker guy did. In that case, you might want to avoid the Marines.

But if you are an American who loves America, maybe you should try calling a recruiter. When I was on Parris Island, I remember seeing this water-tower with 1-800-Marines printed on the side, you can try that number. Also, try to get a high school diploma and maybe college credits, don't settle for a GED. And one last thing, make sure you work on grammar and capitalize 'Marines'!!! Hope this helps.

Marine Free Member 2ndLAADBnWRENCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Geeze, I am always Johnny on the spot to help out.... I think enough hands are in the pot already.... For being out of USA since the age of 10... I am a bit surprised at the level of puter skills, spelling and grammer we see here so far.

heres a link http://www.marines.com/main/search?s...nal+recruiting

Just my 2 CentS

So a deployment to Afghanistan would be like a trip home for you? Man...

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah I arrived on my 10th birthday actually it was a strange new world..now it's just boring, and that's 7 years witjout seeing my family too. I came with my younger brother an father so my old man could marry his second wife that didn't last long he passed his thrid now and I doubt he's going to stop. I'm not a terrorest just want to make my family back home proud and shelfishly to be one of the best has always seemed tempting to me. errr... do you have the area code for what was it parris island? I'll have to call from my prepaid cellphone. and Marines.com didn't have any help either I've tried it a hundred times I would contact my local US warder if he wasn't my father. I still haven't told him I want to join, so I contacted the Dushanbe consular but it's saturday so I have to wait tell monday for a reply yippee I just love waiting....*sigh*. any other help is more then welcome still

Area code should be 843 for Parris Island.

Thread Information