Army going Marine???
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Army going Marine???

Hello, im currently a Cav Scout in the Army doing my first tour of Iraq, i had a short contract in the army and its about to come to an end apon my return. I always wanted to be a marine but i choose army because of a friend and they gave me a signing bonus. Yes i know i sold out but im gonna switch over to the marines when i get back. I was wondering if anyone here knew the process of what i had to do. I heard that the army reserve unit that i will go to when my contract is over they will have to sign my release to the marines or something along those lines. any help would be greatly appreciated becasue i REALLY wanna be a marine. whenever i see them i feel envy and im hoping one day i can be able to call myself a marine, so if anyone can tell me what I have to do to become a marine when my contract is up that would be great! thanks.

I guess the first thing you should do is to make sure when you are talking about being a Marine or joining the Marines, you should capitalize the word Marine or Marines. Your gonna get put in check on here for mentioning the word Marine or Marines 6 times and didnt capitalize it a single time.

Im nice...since I am just a wannabe. Take it from me, the thrashing is gonna start for you not reading the rules before you posted.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah im sorry like i said im currently in Iraq and i dont have a lot of time to use the internet i just have some spare time today to look **** up and i didnt read the rules first, im sorry if i offended anyone im just looking for information.

But rules aside...titles are ALWAYS capitalized. Marine, Marines, Marine Corps, The Corps...all titles. Remember that.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for squaring me away. I Appreciate it, im sorry for the insult. This is one of the many reasons i want to go to the Marines, the pride they take in even just the name. I think thats great.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As a rule, we don't reply to anyone that hasn't filled out thier profile. Having said that, finish your profile and I am sure you can get answers.

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Any other Branch that wants to join the Corps has to go threw Marine Boot Camp or go threw Marine OCS to become a Marine Officer. A Marine that wants to join another Branch does not have to go threw their basic training, only for their Special Elite Training Schools. If you are a Army NCO it will be taken into account in Marine Boot Camp and also your Combat Deployments by the Marine DIs, but you still will have to earn the Title Marine.

Sgt. Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by agwilliams View Post
    But rules aside...titles are ALWAYS capitalized. Marine, Marines, Marine Corps, The Corps...all titles. Remember that.
    Okay, while you're squaring other people away, and telling them to follow the rules, how about you take your butt out of the MARINE ONLY part of this forum and hit up the poolee hall!!!

or did you only read bits and pieces of the rules?

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

I bet the DoD would rather have a full time anyone rather than a part time someone. So I doubt it'd be too difficult to rework your contract or whatever.

Your still in Iraq? Do you have an Army career jammer? That might be the best place to start. If not then wait till you get home and talk to a Marine recruiter who will hook you up with the right people.

Again, don't think it should be too hard. You obviously already acquitted yourself well, in combat no less and you want to go from reserves to active in a time when the active duty side of the house is hurting for bodies.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by eamon13 View Post
    Hello, im currently a Cav Scout in the Army doing my first tour of Iraq, i had a short contract in the army and its about to come to an end apon my return. I always wanted to be a marine but i choose army because of a friend and they gave me a signing bonus. Yes i know i sold out but im gonna switch over to the marines when i get back. I was wondering if anyone here knew the process of what i had to do. I heard that the army reserve unit that i will go to when my contract is over they will have to sign my release to the marines or something along those lines. any help would be greatly appreciated becasue i REALLY wanna be a marine. whenever i see them i feel envy and im hoping one day i can be able to call myself a marine, so if anyone can tell me what I have to do to become a marine when my contract is up that would be great! thanks.
    First thing Marine is to be capitalized at all times to gain respect here, I don't care what you do with your army.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHMH View Post
    Any other Branch that wants to join the Corps has to go threw Marine Boot Camp or go threw Marine OCS to become a Marine Officer. A Marine that wants to join another Branch does not have to go threw their basic training, only for their Special Elite Training Schools. If you are a Army NCO it will be taken into account in Marine Boot Camp and also your Combat Deployments by the Marine DIs, but you still will have to earn the Title Marine.

Sgt. Hoss
    What he said.

The man just ask a question---"how do I join the Marines?" So everyone gives him a blast of crap? At ease gentlemen!

13, it's easy to make the move if you meet Marine standards. Just go to a Marine Recruiter and they will take it from there. As said before, you will have to do Marine boot camp.

Take care in Iraq.

Thread Information