Images
    SALUTE and Semper Fi to you Guys
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Doc,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    BUDDY....I kept my dam mouth shut, in every job I worked, for nearly 40 years. My anger built up inside of me, and NOW....if someone FVCKS with me, I'm on them....like stink on sh!t!!! If people don't like what I say, or do....they can go FVCK themselves!!! I have EARNED the RIGHT to it!! SO HAVE EVERY ONE OF YOU NUMBNUTS!!!!! ALL of you have my COMPLETE SUPPORT.....NO MATTER WHAT!!! BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!.......DOC
    Unlax, have a drink,,,There will always be an old salt to have your back. **** stinks, but dries with time, We got new pups to bring up,,, you ain't done yet. Let me know when you need sumpthin, Sparkie.

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    You bet I miss it too. I look at the gear that they use now and what they wear and realize how different it was back then when we just had a flight jacket and a Boonie hat. Can't get over the cell phones, and communication gear the have now with the head Mic's. Remember the big radios our radio man had to carry.(He looked like a pack horse). I guess we look different to WWII Marines also. We carried those light M-16 and they carried the heavy M-1. Times do change and I miss them but I'm glad I was there and I would go back again.
    I have a hard time putting into words what I think and saying what I mean sometimes but I try to let you know how I feel. These threads sure do help me get out thoughts that I have carried for years and never let anyone know what was in my mind.
    Semper Fi Redman1
    Hey Buddy,I was there early '65,had either utility cover or steel pot,also a noisey flak jacket,what a piece of crap.
    Carried the M14 and a .357 mag.
    Nothing like these youngsters have today..
    Wish we had their stuff then..
    The music brings back bad mems to me ,don't wish to listen..
    SEMPER FI

BUDDY....I kept my dam mouth shut, in every job I worked, for nearly 40 years. My anger built up inside of me, and NOW....if someone FVCKS with me, I'm on them....like stink on sh!t!!! If people don't like what I say, or do....they can go FVCK themselves!!! I have EARNED the RIGHT to it!! SO HAVE EVERY ONE OF YOU NUMBNUTS!!!!! ALL of you have my COMPLETE SUPPORT.....NO MATTER WHAT!!! BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!.......DOC
    hey bro i feel your pain just stay cool for now i'm hoping soon to get a trip to fl. to get some car or truck or some sh*t! when i do will drink some f*cking beer or whiskey your call .. i mean me and other f*cking devil dogs need you to hold it together!! we need your idea's your smarts to teach these young pups the ropes. if your old azz ain't around to let these young pups know the ropes who will come on an teach them..bro hand in there we need you and all the corpsman out there who else will cover our backs if your not there. SEMPER FI YOU OLD DOG YOU!!! WE DO NEED YOU BAD!! STAY COOL

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ecfree.....for YEARS, I looked for something positive to remember the good times I had in the Navy, and with the F.M.F. Truthfully, music of the time is the only "thing", that brings back the smiles, the innocent faces, and the bull sessions. I treasure the memory of those young MEN, as though they were my sons, or younger brothers.....GOD BLESS EVERY ONE OF THEM......DOC

Forty years is a long way back. Today....NOW...I'm still listening to 60's MOTOWN. Those songs connect me with the POSITIVE experiences, of my Tour, with The Marines. WHY?? If you were there....you'd know!!.....NEVER FORGET!!!.....DOC
    Never cared.... I rather hear about what you can do for the Marine Corp than *****....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Why I listen

Quote Originally Posted by lthunder View Post
    Never cared.... I rather hear about what you can do for the Marine Corp than *****....
    Thunder, (Never cared) what the hell!!!!
    You haven't been there and don't understand.
    You don't get it and never will
    This site ain't for you!!!!!!!!!!
    (What you can do the the Marine Corps)? What the hell do you do for the Marine Corps?
    I'm not sure you know what the Marine Corps is all about!!!
    Semper Fi Redman1

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Rick....it's OK, I didn't mean that post as a *****, but there's a lot of old farts, on this site, that sometimes get 'Swamped", by their memories of Viet Nam. Music, of the 60's, helps bring back...positive memories for us, that's ALL I meant......DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thunder if I over read what you meant I apologize I never want to disrespect any Marine on this site. I don't know you so if Doc does your O.K. Hope you accept my apology.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    Thunder if I over read what you meant I apologize I never want to disrespect any Marine on this site. I don't know you so if Doc does your O.K. Hope you accept my apology.
    Semper Fi Redman1
    Redman I read your post in the mornin Zephyr. You have nuthin to apologize for. Did you read this sh-tbirds profile. Says he joined the Corps in 99, graduated boot in 05, and got out in 05. WTF?
    This guy couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight. F-ck him. Says he's 32. F-ck you Thunder-Poser, Crawl back in your slimey wet hole of a life and leave these great Americans have their past. I personally want to hear the stories so I can pass them on, lest we forget what the Nam vet went through, and scarificed for future generations, and his brother/Marine. Semper Fi Redman, you are my big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by lthunder View Post
    BEFORE YOU POST ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR PROFILE OR GET THE DATES RIGHT JUST A LITTLE F.Y.I.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks guys for your support.
    Doc this is a good thread and thanks for starting it.
    I don't consider it *****ing but sharing thoughts that we kept in for years and years.
    I like knowing what's in your minds and searching out my own.
    Keep em coming
    Semper Fi Redman1

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    NOW, that I think about it....what ever happened to all those "surfer dudes"? The Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, etc.?? Those guys made big bucks....NOT as big as The Beatles, BUT....I guess they all retired when "DISCO" started!!! HA! HA! HA! GOOD, FUNNY, MEMORIES!!!....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I liked the Beach Boys. It's also funny that most of the Marines I knew and served with listened to Motown.
    When I was stationed back at PI we all listen to country back in the Charlie Pride and Johnny Cash days. Had a SSgt that liked Charlie Pride until he found out that he was black. Charlie never sounded black but I still liked him and always did.
    Then when I was trucking the song six days on the road came out and I would be pumped up driving home on a Friday night after being gone all week.
    Songs really got us through those days not matter what we did.
    I had a friend in Nam from Philly and he tried to teach me guitar and I got mad one night and busted it over somebody head. We listened to Proud Mary allot in Nam.
    Wouldn't take anything for my good memories.
    That's the thing I fought with after coming home was I made it back home alive and never wounded. I didn't feel worthy to have been spared.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There must be a way We can get a virtual Jukebox going on here,there has 2 be sum young computer GuRu in our midst?Like 4 every member a Song thats their favv from whatever era.After all music is the Universal Language.When this chick comes over in a few I'm gonna requeast She humm's the Marine Corps Hymn on My Gunn

Thread Information