Royal Marine Rejected by local Gov. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just cottoned on who you are Mate,thanks Peter for your kind words and wishes
    R&R
    xxx

explain cottoned please.... is it cockney?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    explain cottoned please.... is it cockney?
    Not a Brit, but seems in context to mean "figured out".
    Don't them Limeys talk funny?

Just kidding; don't send a strike team!

that's why I asked if it was cockney, and I'd like the other part of the rhyme... who know's he might become a china of mine.

Are Missing The Bigger Picture The Goverment Do Not Give A Dame About British And There Kit,ammount Of Ammo Issued,out Of Date Body Armour You Are Classed As Cannon Fodder And Human Targets In Hostile Situation Why Don't The Usa And British Goverments Get Together Stop Any Further Innocent Killings And Pull Out All Troops From Iraq
    Personal Message To The Marine Keep Your Chin Held High And Wait Still You See My Set Of Wheels Wish All Those Involved Is This Unessary Conflict A Personal Should You You Have Suffered My Heart Wishes Well And Keep Your Chin Held High Stay Motovative And Always Give Yourself Target And Goals During Recovery Wishing You All Well.........

why is this your first post? this is very anti-war.... also maybe you haven't heard but they are pulling out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I believe a profile is necessary. 2PARA has not posted one.

that was an after thought... but you certainly add to my argument.

Devon,England and in the winter my little family hideaway in Spain
    Credits
    Savings
    2 Para, not sure why you are here. You would be better off in grade school.....

Credits
    Savings

Marine Townsend

Well, guys. Who said that public pressure doesn't work? It sure does...
    Marine offered free building work

Joe Townsend lost his legs while serving in Afghanistan
    An injured marine fighting to build a specially-designed bungalow has been inundated by tradesmen offering to work for free, says his family.

Joe Townsend, 20, who lost his legs in Afghanistan, wants to build the house on land in East Sussex owned by his grandfather David Carter.

Wealden District Council rejected the proposals, calling them "intrusive" but will consider revised plans next month.

Mr Carter, 70, said his grandson was over the moon with the offers.

Approval expected

The council's planning committee voted by a slim majority to reject the planned building, incorporating a bathroom and carers' room, on land at his grandparents' home in Hankham Hall Road in Pevensey, near Eastbourne.

Gordon Brown intervened after the case was taken up by the Noel's HQ programme on Sky1, telling the show that the council "must do the right thing immediately and reconsider this case". We have got a whole load of tradesmen offering to work for free on it

David Carter, grandfather

The Tory-controlled council said it had originally been willing to discuss a revised proposal.

A new application has been submitted and is expected to be formally approved at a planning committee meeting next month, said Mr Townsend's grandfather.

Mr Carter said: "So many people have come forward offering their help.

"We have got a whole load of tradesmen offering to work for free on it, including plasterers, tilers and builders. All of them have come forward wanting to do their bit."

Mr Carter said his grandson was "over the moon" by the public reaction, adding: "He is already on the internet looking for tiles and other things to go in the home. It's keeping him going."

Mr Townsend, who lost one leg completely and one below the knee when he stepped on a landmine has had several operations and rehabilitation at Headley Court in Surrey.

Semper Fi

that's awesome!!!!! if only Americans were the same way.

can we start an organization that puts these kinds of things out there for the public to volunteer help to disabled war veterans????

this would be a wonderful thing for our vets, and with VA funds available the outcome of the improvements with private donations and labor support could yield a much nicer improvement.

Credits
    Savings
    Full planning permission has now been approved. It would seem that the local Council insisted that the proposed home had to be moved a couple of metres. To comply with green belt planning laws!

Big deal, end result is what mattered....

Last edited by oldanglico; 03-06-09 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Spell

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldanglico View Post
    Full planning permission has now been approved. It would seem that the local Council insisted that the proposed home had to be moved a couple of metres. To comply with green belt planning laws!

Big deal, end result is what mattered....
    So basicly, the politicians just had to have the final word, no matter how petty, just to save a little face. Azzholes! But as you say, end result is all that mattered!

Credits
    Savings
    Good to hear that our brother Marine has got some of what he deserves for fighting and losing so much for his country. God bless you mate and all those other bootnecks and leathernecks who gave for us and still do. I am glad to be able to join your site my brothers and you will hear more from me. Bob Tucker. 1971-1993. 12 tours of the "emerald isle" and the falklands for the fighting, plus a few "bits and bobs" as we call them. You know, things where we were never there etc! Semper Fi and Per Mare Per Terram.

Credits
    Savings
    further to the reply to the guy calling himself "2 para" and a so called "friend of the Marines" I doubt his credibility, and as ssgt Petzold said and also as was commented upon by "Oldanglico" he seems to be misled. With friends like him, we don't need enemies! he should be more careful and caring about what he says as it can be hurtful, whether intentional or not. yours aye Bob Tucker.

Thread Information