Discharged Retired Marines Wearing the Uniform - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    just dip your head in Nair. Way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    just dip your head in Nair. Way easier.
    And reveal all my head lumps and bumps? Pshaw!

SSgt Petzold....... I have only been retired for less than a year and don't recall anything ever saying that someone who has left the ranks of the Corps couldn't wear the "digi's" or the new boots that have the EGA on them. I do know you can't wear rank/badges as you mentioned earlier. Can you please pass on those referrances for future knowledge? I would like to have something in black and white stating we cant. I wear my old boots (with EGA on them) when hunting or doing yard work. I don't want something that is open for opinion but something that "breaks it down barney style".

Gunny, there are some earlier posts that talk about occasions when you can wear your uniform, though I think it's more directed towards the service and dress uniforms.

however, though I can find the order and point things out... I can honestly say, I wear that stuff when it suits the purpose..... I'm not saying you can't wear stuff you paid for but when it comes down to the twigs and berries of it.... it's not authorized to wear anything inherently "military" in civies/not on base.

so, yeah... as E3O has said, no-one is going to stop you from wearing it... well unless it's a military engagement probably.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    Gunny, there are some earlier posts that talk about occasions when you can wear your uniform, though I think it's more directed towards the service and dress uniforms.

however, though I can find the order and point things out... I can honestly say, I wear that stuff when it suits the purpose..... I'm not saying you can't wear stuff you paid for but when it comes down to the twigs and berries of it.... it's not authorized to wear anything inherently "military" in civies/not on base.

so, yeah... as E3O has said, no-one is going to stop you from wearing it... well unless it's a military engagement probably.
    Roger that. As most orders don't "spell it out", we have to guess at what is considered right and wrong and use our better judgement. Like the term "inherently military". That alone is open to opinions. I wear one of my old woodland blouses sometimes when working outdoors or even hunting. Even though it is considered outdated I still took the name taps off.

well I mentioned that the COMC put the EGA on the boots and MARPAT for a reason.

by doing so, he made it "inherently military" and he has given the commanders the ability to hammer someone for whatever reason...

it's those small things that will get you... COs are allways trying to read deep into orders that I learned that it might help me and everyone in my charge from getting into unnecessary sh!t because of the verbage of an Order.

but when on leave/retirement/sep'd... who's gonna notice?!!

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Roger that. As most orders don't "spell it out", we have to guess at what is considered right and wrong and use our better judgement. Like the term "inherently military". That alone is open to opinions. I wear one of my old woodland blouses sometimes when working outdoors or even hunting. Even though it is considered outdated I still took the name taps off.
    Gunny I myself never seen or heard any orders I wore my utilities all the time when I left out beloved Corps and the black combat boots also, I believe we can also wear our dress uniforms with an honorable discharge, Semper FI.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Gunny I myself never seen or heard any orders I wore my utilities all the time when I left out beloved Corps and the black combat boots also, I believe we can also wear our dress uniforms with an honorable discharge, Semper FI.
    You are correct about the uniforms. There are certain occaissins that we can. Just can't wear it downtown to pick up hookers.

You are correct about the uniforms. There are certain occaissins that we can. Just can't wear it downtown to pick up hookers.
    Well... in that case.... let's just say I'm in uniform and in a vehicle trying to pick up hookers. I'm supposed to stay covered while in the vehicle, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Well... in that case.... let's just say I'm in uniform and in a vehicle trying to pick up hookers. I'm supposed to stay covered while in the vehicle, correct?
    If you are in uniform and having to go pick up a hooker then you shouldn't be driving because you probably have drank to much already. As far as the cover..... as long as it doesn't interfer with your driving (wind coming in your window and blowing it off your head while driving).

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    only in a government vehicle are you required to have a cover on, and when on base if it's not going to present a danger to driving.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post

if you are refering to never seeing any orders pertaining to this situation, you should try to picture how many orders are out there and how much info is in them... I only come across some dumb stuff like this when I'm trying to look up something else.

besides.. just because it's there doesn't mean it's mean to be enforced... they have it so JAGs can fry people longer and harder....

Oh you could just don't get caught.

that's always the case.

"it isn't cheating until you get caught" richard petty

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    if you are refering to never seeing any orders pertaining to this situation, you should try to picture how many orders are out there and how much info is in them... I only come across some dumb stuff like this when I'm trying to look up something else.

besides.. just because it's there doesn't mean it's mean to be enforced... they have it so JAGs can fry people longer and harder....
    Like who is going to waste their time reading between the lines,lol?

Thread Information