Discharged Retired Marines Wearing the Uniform - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    nooo problem top, glad to help.

Talking Boots

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    the boots are not authorized once they put the EGA on them... they are apart of your cammies that can't be worn off base unless you have the authorized reason.
    Uhh Actually you can

1005. CIVILIAN ATTIRE

1. Authority

a. The CMC has extended the privilege of wearing civilian clothing to officers and enlisted Marines within the limitations of these regulations.

b. The possession and wearing of civilian clothing by Marines may be prescribed by commanders for military reasons. In prescribing civilian clothing, commanders will be guided by the current edition of MCO P10120.28 and directives of higher authority.

2. Within the United States

>Ch 5 a. Marines are associated and identified with the Marine Corps in and out of uniform, and when on or off duty. Therefore, when civilian clothing is worn, Marines will ensure that their dress and personal appearance are conservative and commensurate with the high standards traditionally associated with the Marine Corps. Revealing clothing (i.e. clothing that exposes midriff, the buttocks, excessive amounts of chest/cleavage) or items designed to be worn as undergarments (and worn exposed) are not authorized for civilian attire, while on or off duty. When wearing trousers with civilian attire, a belt must be worn (unless there are no belt loops). Trousers will be worn at the waist. Undergarments, when worn, will not be visible, except as when the undershirt is exposed in a manner similar to the service “C” uniform. Civilian attire, including undershirts, should be worn as appropriate to the occasion (i.e. bathing suit/bikini appropriate to the beach/pool but not to the Marine Corps Exchange). Commanders are charged with determining and publishing the local civilian clothing policy. No eccentricities of dress will be permitted. When onboard a military installation, civilian headgear will be removed indoors in accordance with established norms. MARADMIN 504/07 and MARADMIN 322/05

b. Marines may wear civilian clothing when in an off-duty status, when directed by competent authority, and as otherwise authorized herein. Within the confines of a military base or a DoD installation, civilian clothing will be worn subject to local regulations.

c. When civilian clothing has been authorized by competent authority for wear in a duty status in lieu of a uniform, the civilian clothing will be of the same comparable degree of formality as the uniform prescribed for such duty. Standards of dress and appearance will be conservative and meet the same high standards established for personnel in uniform.

d. The wear of clothing articles not specifically designed to be normally worn as headgear (e.g. bandannas, doo rags) is prohibited.

e. No part of a prescribed uniform, except those items not exclusively military in character, will be worn with civilian clothing.

>Ch 5 (1) Items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by men are restricted to the gold cuff links, studs, tie bar, mourning band, footwear, socks, gloves, undergarments (the green undershirt may only be worn for PT), black bow-tie, green wool scarf, general purpose trunks, and crew neck-service sweater, the all-weather coat, tanker jacket, the dress blue sweater without insignia of grade (with or without epaulettes), watch caps, and cold weather physical training uniforms (only worn as a set for PT situations, for non-PT situations, only the sweatshirt or running suit jacket may be worn as an outergarment or as a layering garment). ALMAR 019/08

>Ch 5 (2)Uniform items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by women are restricted to the white shirt without insignia of grade, footwear, gloves, green undershirt (for PT only) handbag, clutch purse, mourning band, crew-neck service sweaters, green wool scarf, general purpose trunks, the all-weather coat, tanker jacket, the dress blue sweater without insignia of grade (with or without epaulettes), watch caps, and cold weather physical training uniforms (only worn as a set for PT situations, for non-PT situations, only the sweatshirt or running suit jacket may be worn as an outergarment or as a layering garment). ALMAR 019/08

(3) Uniform items that have been declared obsolete may be worn with civilian clothing, when appropriate, provided such items contain no distinctive insignia or buttons.

(The above item about wearing the older cammies or other items that are obsolete without nametapes, insignia, buttons, etc is answered right above.)

(3) Uniform items that have been declared obsolete may be worn with civilian clothing, when appropriate, provided such items contain no distinctive insignia or buttons.

(The above item about wearing the older cammies or other items that are obsolete without nametapes, insignia, buttons, etc is answered right above.)

You are just kidding about that, right? I'd like to see what would happen if you drove onto a base wearing something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by yanacek View Post
    You are just kidding about that, right? I'd like to see what would happen if you drove onto a base wearing something like that!
    LOL....Thats the double loophole. When appropriate, Will mean go ahead and where it buddy(for boots) and to old salts it means I can chew your ass for looking like a clown wearing cammie pants and cover with a superman shirt and flip flops.

Talking lol

lol, yeah not that I would do it, just stating whats in the regs lol

Last edited by echo3oscar1833; 01-09-09 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling

No need to get defensive, bro. I didn't mean to imply that you, or any Marine, would be stupid enough to wear outdated uniforms items with Bermuda shorts and sandals.

Talking lol

No need to get defensive, bro. I didn't mean to imply that you, or any Marine, would be stupid enough to wear outdated uniforms items with Bermuda shorts and sandals.
    Not you Top, your good to go lol. I was referring to someone else lol.

Thanks for referring this one. I look forward to hearing from them.
    OK, Top, here is my take on it. Keep in mind that I didn't appear on the scene in the Corps until Feb 1956. The pay raises and the crossed rifles didn't get announced until approx October of 1958 with plans to start the implementation in January 1959. Before crossed rifles your "six stripper" was a Master Sergeant, paygrade E-7. (No E-8s or E-9s until after January 1959.)

The "5 stripper" was a Technical Sergeant. In my first operating squadron in 1957, VMF-251, my shop SNCOIC was T/Sgt Blodgett. Some folks called him Tech Sergeant and some folks called him Gunny. In my next squadron in 1958 & 59, VMF(AW)314, all of the "5 strippers" were called Gunny. Keep in mind, these folks were still E-6s.

All that to say, in my humble opinion, you would be correct to wear the Master Technical Sergeant stripes (the ones with the bottom three being flat since you are "back in 1945"). Forget the pay grade, the responsibility is what counts. The responsibilities that those old, salty Marines of 1945 carried at paygrade E-7, were the same responsibilites that you carried as an E-8 Master Sergeant. You just had the benefit of a good pay raise.

I say that because I lived it as a Sergeant. I was a Sergeant (E-4), but my responsiblities were no different than a Sergeant (E-5) of 1959 and later. Point of interest, I could make an aircraft AOCP as a Sergeant, but I notice it takes a S/Sgt to do that today.

How about all this sheite; you ask what time it is and I've told you how a clock works. LMFAO Hope I've shed some light on the question.

Semper Fi, Brothers!

Ed

Just another tid bit of history:

In January 1959 at Ping Tung, Taiwan, we (VMF(AW)314) made a really big deal of promoting our very first "crossed rifle" any rank. Master Sergeant William J. Myatt (E-7) was promoted to Master Sergeant (E-8).

Thanks Ssgt. Im sure that will answer pretty much anything we can think up as far as uniform regs are concerned. Semper Fi!

Regarding hair reg; has anyone found out a good way to give themselves a horseshoe? I can fade myself with the clippers and maintain a pretty good zero. I even cheat and use a baseball cap to get a straight line all the way around.

I have not figured out a way to get a good horseshoe going without creating some sort of contraption that allows me to mount multiple mirrors on a swivelling arm....

That may be my next project

Isnt a horeshoe considered eccentric?

Isnt a horeshoe considered eccentric?
    Sometimes yes, i.e. a square toed whip across bar shoe with lateral extension trailer and memphis bar attached to a western pleasure nag

from zero length at the hairline in the lower portion of the head to
    the upper portion of the head.

kid, Zero means no guard on your lowest setting.... so yeah, to the scalp.

this little blurb needs to be noted about "footwear"
    you are right this does need to be noted by the Marine Corps Uniform Boardit has been!! where do you think I got this info???

e. No part of a prescribed uniform, except those items not exclusively
    military in character, will be worn with civilian clothing.

Combat Utility Boots of any kind that have the EGA on them are edit:*NOT * authorized for wear in civilian attire. the foot wear described here..

However it may be intepreted you may were the Combat Boots with civilian attire. Currently there is no MarAdmin, or MCO regarding this issue, it says footwear is authorized. Now I don't own a pair of the New Combat Boots, I have the old black jungle boots. However when I was in you could wear the black ones with civies. Until this issue is covered by the Uniform Board the boots would be okay to wear. As it only states footwear. It does not imply coraframs, or combat boots. However wearing the new boots, with civies if you are still in would make you look like a boot. I wear regular shoes lol

you can't wear cammies with the EGA on it because it is "exclusively
    military in character
    " it's really that simple... and that IS why they put it on there...

the MARPAT with the EGA on it
    "exclusively military in character"... why you can't see this blows my mind.

>Ch 5 (1) Items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by men are
    restricted to the gold cuff links, studs, tie bar, mourning band, footwear,
    socks, gloves, undergarments (the green undershirt may only be worn for black bow-tie, green wool scarf, general purpose trunks, and crew neck-
    service sweater, the all-weather coat, tanker jacket, the dress blue sweater
    without insignia of grade (with or without epaulettes), watch caps, and cold
    weather physical training uniforms (only worn as a set for PT situations, for
    non-PT situations, only the sweatshirt or running suit jackan outergarment or as a layering garment). ALMAR 019/08

implies your footwear that you wear for your service uniforms... corafams.
    Agian were does it say anything about only dress footweer(coroframs)

read through those items that are authorized... do you see anything other than service uniform items? maybe that's because only THOSE service uniform items are authorized!!!!! I assure you, you are wrong in what you think, you only made it to LCPL and had no NCO training or SNCO training... stop giving Marines who are still in Ideas that will get them in trouble...

because whether you want to believe it or not, what you are saying about wearing this stuff in civies only translates to them as being able to wear out in town.

you are not helping anybody, you are trying to show you can be right if you interpret orders in your own way. Guess what, it's not up to you to do that. It's the COMMANDS right and privilege to tell you how they think the order is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Regarding hair reg; has anyone found out a good way to give themselves a horseshoe? I can fade myself with the clippers and maintain a pretty good zero. I even cheat and use a baseball cap to get a straight line all the way around.

I have not figured out a way to get a good horseshoe going without creating some sort of contraption that allows me to mount multiple mirrors on a swivelling arm....

That may be my next project

horse shoes are specifically un-authorized as is a high-and-tight to the extreme... not saying anyone will get you on it unless you are a bag of asz.

Thread Information