Marine Corps Security Force - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i wanted to know wat prp is its not my official mos and im not sure i want to do it because i dont know much about it can any help me in telling me wat prp is and wat it does and all the catches and stuff

Jvaaquez........you already asked this question in the Poolee forum. That is a question that should've been asked in the "Ask A Marine" forum........and "double posting" is a no-no.

Sorry im just really worried i shoulda went to ask a marine thnxs can i ask now or do i have to delete the other forums??

You should ask a mod if they could either move your question from the Poolee forum to the Ask A Marine forum.......or have them delete the Poolee forum question and then you can put it in the Ask A Marine forum.

Ok.. Thanks

OC spray

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    Congrats! Do you know where you're headed to? LOL how was the OC Spray?
    Man, I remember when I got hit with OC in civ. police academy. I don't know how I'm going to react when the time comes here next year when I have to get hit with it again... Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

How hard is it to get the security clearance for SF? Do you have to have a squeaky clean record before hand?

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions

MOS 8152 - - Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis.../a/8152new.htm

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im not sure what to ask, but my MOS is security forces, what is the job in a nutshell?

1. How about filling out ALL of your profile as it states in the rules in the poolee forum. The Marines here who are going to answer your questions like to know who we are talking to.

2. Check out the link I provided in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by poole Brian View Post
    Im not sure what to ask, but my MOS is security forces, what is the job in a nutshell?
    I'll answer your question Brian.

You're basically going to be either put into FAST Co. or PCP after you graduate SOI. FAST is Fake Ass Seal Team and usually only the fittest and smartest guys from SOI get picked for them. Their real name means Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team. You would basically train to do Direct Action counter-terrorist work involving things like oil rigs, ships, base security, etc. But, you will never actually do it because you usually just train for missions that they would rather just use SEALs for.

PCP is where you will likely end up and basically your job for 2-3 years will be to stand post as a gate gaurd at a submarine base or where Nuclear Weapons are being stored. You will never see the Nukes, you will never touch them, you will just stand around and gaurd the gate and patrol the base. Then after 2-3 years in Sec. Forces you will be sent to a regular Infantry battalion as an 03XX who wont know jack **** about his job even though you'll probably be an NCO.

And I got a question Brian, why the **** would you join the Marine Corps, pick a job, and THEN ask "what it is in a nutshell"? Isnt that a question that a brilliant young man such as yourself would ask his recruiter before he signed on the dotted line? Don't be stupid, make educated decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Puffs View Post
    I'll answer your question Brian.

You're basically going to be either put into FAST Co. or PCP after you graduate SOI. FAST is Fake Ass Seal Team and usually only the fittest and smartest guys from SOI get picked for them. Their real name means Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team. You would basically train to do Direct Action counter-terrorist work involving things like oil rigs, ships, base security, etc. But, you will never actually do it because you usually just train for missions that they would rather just use SEALs for.

PCP is where you will likely end up and basically your job for 2-3 years will be to stand post as a gate gaurd at a submarine base or where Nuclear Weapons are being stored. You will never see the Nukes, you will never touch them, you will just stand around and gaurd the gate and patrol the base. Then after 2-3 years in Sec. Forces you will be sent to a regular Infantry battalion as an 03XX who wont know jack **** about his job even though you'll probably be an NCO.

And I got a question Brian, why the **** would you join the Marine Corps, pick a job, and THEN ask "what it is in a nutshell"? Isnt that a question that a brilliant young man such as yourself would ask his recruiter before he signed on the dotted line? Don't be stupid, make educated decisions.
    It is PRP -- not PCP.

AND

PRP = Personal Reliability Program.

PCP = Pork Chop Platoon.

Get your facts straight before you start spouting off. Semper Fi - Merry Chrtstmas

Oh, and there is more wrong with your response(s) but I'll leave it alone, for now.

Free research section - http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...smc/mcsfbn.htm

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    well i did talk to my recruiter about the job he told i would be doing guard duty for about 2 years and then infantry for the next 2 years. i just wanted to make sure that was the truth. sorry

How long are the deployments for fast?

Thread Information