Question about dress blues.
Create Post

Question about dress blues.

I'm going home today and my mom was wondering if I could wear my dress blue bravos.
    And if I can, do I take my cover off on the plane or do I leave it on?

Semper Fi,
    PFC Bonzack

You can wear them . Yes take your cover off in the plane. Your not under arms and you are under cover.

Okay thanks.
    I'm nervous about walking through the air port...lol soooooo many eyes.

also..my core frams..they got creases in them because the drill instructors made us step it out and basically run to graduation. I'm guessing I have to buy new ones...is there a place that I can get them cheaper?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sport 'em girl!

Dont buy new ones. You may need to later but not right now. Save your money and find out how much youll be wearing them in the fleet first. I only wore mine to balls, inspections. and on duty. Not enough to warrant buying new ones.

Okay thank you!

I'm on my way home! Can't wait to get outta these blues and go PT!

Have a good time at home Marine . Semper Fi .

Dress Blues Christmas Eve

I would just like to get a little more information on when a Marine can wear dress blues.

My son is coming home for Christmas (yayyyy!). Our Christmas Eve church service is fairly formal (suits for men, fancy dresses for women), as long as he wears the uniform appropriately, can he wear his dress blues? I am so proud of him, and I really want to see him in those blues before he deploys. Is is OK to ask him to bring them?

Sorry to be such a goofy mom.

Thank you!

Credits
    Savings
    Honestly, ma'am, as long as he wears it properly, he may wear whatever he wishes. There are specific uniforms for certain occasions, but the last Christmas at home for a while.. well, I have a VPMM of my own and I understand. Just send him our way if he has any questions, and if possible, maybe have a Marine with a lil' experience give him a look over... Just an idea. Merry Christmas to you and yours...

[He has certainly earned it.. ]

Just tell him to put on Ribbons/Badges instead of Medals for the Dress Blues, other then that ma'am, he can wear what ever uniform seems fit. Civilians really won't know the difference between the Dress Blue Alpha's and Bravo's so the ribbons on there won't make too much of a difference.

Credits
    Savings
    I never wore my coreframs enough that I considered replacing them. They have scuffs and creases on them, but I never justified the expense of replacing them. I've never been hit on inspections for those. One thing I did do was remove all that edge dressing the Drill Instructors made us put on because it got to a point where more layers made it look worse. I used some 100 grit sandpaper and it made quite a mess. I never managed to clean off the ridged portion but it wasn't that visible so I left it alone. I suggest you use some latex or nitrile gloves if you don't want that stuff embedded in your hands and fingernails for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    Just tell him to put on Ribbons/Badges instead of Medals for the Dress Blues, other then that ma'am, he can wear what ever uniform seems fit. Civilians really won't know the difference between the Dress Blue Alpha's and Bravo's so the ribbons on there won't make too much of a difference.
    On Dress Blue bravos, the shooting badge is optional (at the wearer's discretion) unless the command says otherwise which will typically be for inspections or some other unit function; but I've never been inspected in Bravos. I've only been inspected in Alphas and Deltas as far as blues go.

Quote Originally Posted by almom11542 View Post
    I would just like to get a little more information on when a Marine can wear dress blues.

My son is coming home for Christmas (yayyyy!). Our Christmas Eve church service is fairly formal (suits for men, fancy dresses for women), as long as he wears the uniform appropriately, can he wear his dress blues? I am so proud of him, and I really want to see him in those blues before he deploys. Is is OK to ask him to bring them?

Sorry to be such a goofy mom.

Thank you!
    Congratulations on your new Marine Ma'am. To my current understanding since I am on boot leave right now with follow up recruiters assistance. I am allowed to wear any uniform I see fit including Dress Blue Alpha's. (with Medals) because of Recruiters Assistance. Now depending on if your son has recruiters assistance or not judges whether he will be able to wear medals or ribbons on his dress blues.

Your son should have that knowledge already, which also to my understanding is that when you go on leave around the holidays you will get recruiters assistance.

Hope this helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitiello View Post
    Congratulations on your new Marine Ma'am. To my current understanding since I am on boot leave right now with follow up recruiters assistance. I am allowed to wear any uniform I see fit including Dress Blue Alpha's. (with Medals) because of Recruiters Assistance. Now depending on if your son has recruiters assistance or not judges whether he will be able to wear medals or ribbons on his dress blues.

Your son should have that knowledge already, which also to my understanding is that when you go on leave around the holidays you will get recruiters assistance.

Hope this helps some.
    How about a complete profile Marine?

Am I allowed to wear my dress blue bravos to my school? I'm on recruiters assistance but my recruiter will not be with me.

Yes you can, Dress Blue Alphas are the only dress uniform you cannot wear in public with the exception of special events. To be honest your recruiter would probably give you **** for it, but screw em you earned it you wear it.

Thread Information