Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Work Out Music.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh yeah, I forgot this song..

Die Mother****er Die - Dope

Korn is good...Freak on a Leash or Ya'll Wanna Single!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Y'all wanna single say **** that! **** that **** THAT!

So there's this band called Suicide Silence and every single one of their songs makes me want to kill someone, you guys should check it out.

Cofields, dont use the term Emo, because there's no such thing as Emo. Emo is a term used for people with a lesser intelligence for music who try to criticize something they don't like. Doesn't all music have some sort of EMOtion in it? I listen to Thursday, Underoath, Saosin, Circa Survive, The Used, would you call them Emo? Would you call me Emo? Because im pretty sure you must listen to that MTV hard rock **** considering you just posted some Korn lyrics (talk about a sell out band), dont mind me though, im tired of people using the term Emo. I've been playing guitar in bands since i was in highschool, which is why i get so offended.

Polka is the best....that or square dancing, if you want to get really crazy.

Excuse me LCpl, but I'm pretty sure even emo kids call themselves emo.

Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a genre of music that originated from hardcore punk <SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1]</SUP> and later adopted pop punk influences when it became mainstream in the US.
    It has since come to describe several variations of music with common roots and associated fashion and stereotypes.
    In the mid-1980s, the term emo described a subgenre of hardcore punk which stemmed from the Washington, D.C. music scene. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the emotional performances of bands in the Washington, D.C. scene and some of the offshoot regional scenes such as Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and later, Moss Icon
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd throw that in there to mabye clear shtuff up, incase we are about to have an argument on our hands.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic13 View Post
    Cofields, dont use the term Emo, because there's no such thing as Emo. Emo is a term used for people with a lesser intelligence for music who try to criticize something they don't like. Doesn't all music have some sort of EMOtion in it? I listen to Thursday, Underoath, Saosin, Circa Survive, The Used, would you call them Emo? Would you call me Emo? Because im pretty sure you must listen to that MTV hard rock **** considering you just posted some Korn lyrics (talk about a sell out band), dont mind me though, im tired of people using the term Emo. I've been playing guitar in bands since i was in highschool, which is why i get so offended.
    I understand where you're coming from, and i have all of Circa Survive's cds, I've seen Underoath in concert, I have both Saosin CD's, Seen Thursday live and like them too.. The Used, ehh.. I like that "Box Of Sharp Objects" song. That one was cool.. Man, ive bought 2 different guitars and tried to learn how to play and got frustrated both times and sold the guitars, or i ran out of money and couldnt take lessons anymore.. You should teach me how to play! I want to wail! haha. Anyway, Im talking about all of these new bands that all sound the same and yadda yadda. All have similar names, etc. Circa Survive and all of them may look kind of emo-ish.. But they have talent and are very unique in their musical style, especially Circa. That's not what I meant. But i see the misunderstanding and I apologize if I have offended you. I graduated almost 2 years ago (in May) and my time in high school is when the whole wave of "emo" hit.. And it's just stupid. The make-up, etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Try these bands,,,, OMG,,,,, WTF?,,,,,,,,[ Am I in the wrong room??]

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No, welcome home Comrade. Welcome home.

Emo is a style, not a genre of music. Just call it post-hardcore. Im good friends with Geoff from Thursday, thats why it ****es me off with the whole Emo thing, because i feel horrible that such a talented band sometimes falls into that "genre". BTW, i just got the On Letting Go album cover tattooed on my left inner bicep, those guys are from philly my home town to! Cofields, stay good with those bands, not many people in the Marine Corps ever even heard anything close to what some of those bands play, you gotta spread the word! Can't tell you how many Marines i've gotten to get into some of those bands lol.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, that album cover is cool.
    Myself & my girlfriend like Juturna a lot also. There hasn't really been one song by them that I haven't enjoyed. Good stuff man. I'll have to keep in touch with you.

Credits
    Savings
    No one's mentioned this song yet.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXECBdPgEA

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Haha. That video is gay as hell. All the dudes in banana hammocks.

Thread Information