Seeking advice about DI School from a female
Create Post

Seeking advice about DI School from a female

I'm looking into going to Drill Instructor School but I wanted to get an inside view of what to expect from a female that has already been there. Some tell me that if I'm not running 20 or 21 minute PFT's to forget about it becasue I will dropped immediately or placed on remedial....Honestly the only thing I am worried about is the run portion of bootcamp and what to expect....My last PFT time was 22:40 and I am working endlessly to improve....I can max out crunches and flex arm hang and even do pull ups but my run sucks as you can see....mentally I'm strong and I would never give up during ther school. ANy advice of feedback would be appreciated.

Hello, I had the pleasure of two tours as a Drill Instructor and one as an instructor at Drill Instructor School. I am not a Woman Marine but I can assure you that you will not be automatically dropped for 22:40 PFT run time. I would prefer to see you get that time up a bit though. Your biggest challenge in the School will be time management. Being able to think and act on the fly is critical. Assume nothing, expect nothing, and be ready to change gears in a moments notice. It will be the greatest personal experience you can achieve as a Marine, we are most certainly "the fewer, and the prouder". My best wishes to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    From an 'Old Marine' perspective,,,,, Go get it. How could you ever be any damm prouder? You won't find too many female DIs here, I haven't seen any. So I'm postin,,,, and I think you want it. As far as runnin goes, you can go get that too.
    You're a Sargent,,,, you can have all you can grab,,,SF.

Concur with the MGuns comments but would add that if you can be at your physical best it's one less thing you'll have to worry about. Most women Marines can not perform the strength events required in DI School. Work on your upper body strength and negotiating the confidence course and obstacle course. DI duty was the best job I had in the Corps.

Thread Information