2009 Ship Date and MOS List - Page 26
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Ship date changed due to the fact of the reservists need to go in order to make it for classes that begin in the fall.

old ship date:
    new ship date:

Ist scores:
    20 pull ups
    123 crunchies
    10:34 1 1/2 mile

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeHolmtsrom View Post
    Of course man... if i can remember the password on here.... GL ALLL poolees yet to leave....
    haha Just make it to something SUPER-easy and then change it when you get back. Like, "a". lol Oops! You didn't see that.

03XX
    MCRDPI
    Baltimore, MD

Leaving tomorrow for the hotel, then off to MCRDSD on tuesday!!! Can't wait!

03XX
    MCRDSD
    Sacramento, CA

I leave this tuesday. . .the 26th for PI. wish me luck. My MOS is 0621 Field Radio Operator.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was curious about something, the ship dates being posted here are very different from one another. Some of them are within a few months, some of them are coming right up. What are the factors that affect this? How long, on average, will a MEPS-processed recruit take to ship out during these recruiting rates?

Thanks

It depends on a number of things. How many openings you're RSS has for your date. How well you did on the asvab and how many openings there are for your MOS. And of course how fit you are. The only thing that slowed me down were my pull ups. But I've acomplished them now thanks to having a few months to get in better shape. So now with alittle more then 2 months left before boot, I'll be alittle more prepared for Paris Island.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I got just under a perfect ASVAB, can PT pretty well, and am pretty sure I am on an open contract. But I have to wait 8 months total. Go figure.

yea I was originaly going to go June 26 but my RSS had another Poolee that couldnt do his pullups. So thank the lord. . . .im shiping out tomorow.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanRyan32 View Post
    I got just under a perfect ASVAB, can PT pretty well, and am pretty sure I am on an open contract. But I have to wait 8 months total. Go figure.

The second you all realize that the Corps doesn't NEED any one of you (or any ONE of us, for that matter) the happier you will be. In a time when many kids (not pointing the finger at you guys) are just trying to find a way out of a dead end job or pay for college, and jobs are hard to find, it is hard to get every smiling face to the Depot as fast as you please.. I sincerely appreciate your interest in our Corps, and I look forward to calling you my brothers and sisters. In the meantime, be patient. Recruiting numbers for AD have been over 130% the last few months-obviously they are trying.

SR32: If you are as well qualified as you say (yes I believe you) then maybe your recruiters are saving you for a high speed job opening. These often have long schools which open only so often. Give them a break and keep preparing for the journey.

Many active Marines are being denied re-enlistment as their job fields fill up, so you all are not the only ones feeling the pressure. Good luck to you all.

yea i made a 77 on my ASVAB. . . .I have my college at Ole Miss University paid for in full. .Im joining to become one of the Elite. One of "the few and the proud" Hell yea im motivated man. PI here i come!!!!!!!!!

Nice. Congrats and good luck. I guess with the economy taking a pretty good hit more and more people are deciding to join the armed services. So boot camp must be getting alittle more full. Which means becoming a part of The Few is that much harder. I know 8 months seems like a lot. But 8 months will come before you know it. And then you'll realize holy cow only 1 month till boot. haha.

I've got dial up, so I didn't notice PaidinBlood's post. But that's what I was trying to say. (Sorry.)

when do you leave? i leave tuesday.

Thread Information