ASP-1 - Hill 327 - Da Nang - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Da Nang....where is that? Is that a suburb of L.A.? OR...a suburb of Galveston?....DOC
    No man, it's just a place in bfe, where all the scardy cat little pussy wanna-be Rambo's hung out. You know, the ones who weren't lucky enough to get an 0311 MOS, & shouldn't have the right to call themselves Marines, or Nam vets.
    T210

Quote Originally Posted by T210 View Post
    No man, it's just a place in bfe, where all the scardy cat little pussy wanna-be Rambo's hung out. You know, the ones who weren't lucky enough to get an 0311 MOS, & shouldn't have the right to call themselves Marines, or Nam vets.
    T210
    Hey T210,blow it out your butt brother.
    I spent time at DaNang and in the bush and in the air,before you got there...
    Don't tell me what I am or am not...

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Hey T210,blow it out your butt brother.
    I spent time at DaNang and in the bush and in the air,before you got there...
    Don't tell me what I am or am not...
    I think you took my post out of context, I was responding to DocGreek's post. Not telling YOU anything, OK?

update

Hi Everyone,
    I've been back in Holland from Viet Nam since the 26th of May. I brought back a nasty eye infection that I thought was cleared up with antibiotics. I think a South East Asia strain of anything is 10 times stronger than anywhere else in the world because the infection came back after briefly retreating. I'm back on antibiotics for the next few weeks and am hoping it sees the light.
    I just finished updating the ASP-1 site with a bunch of Now photos spread through the site.

Here is the link CLICK HERE

If the link doesn't work on your browser surf to:

http://www.goingback.org

Here is a photo of my eye at its worse

Hey Mike, ok, will ck it out. Have you ck'd out the ASP#1 website?
    How do I find this website for ASP #1, I was there June of 68 to July of 69.

Last edited by whyman; 07-26-09 at 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Hill 327 First Radio Battalion

Hey guys,

I was on 327 from August 66 thru March 67 with Sub Unit 1 Det A 1st Radio Bn. Our hooches were on the Danang side and our work was on the side facing Romeo and Happy Valley. We were just below the LAAM battery on that side - had a work hooch, two comm shelters, generator and fuel shed, and bunker looking down the hill at Romeo.
    I've got pictures if anyone's interested.
    Semper Fi,
    Davel
    d.sowers2@earthlink.net

Last edited by DaveSowers; 06-29-10 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added corrected email

I was on Hill 327 from Oct 1966 to Nov 1967. C Battery 1st LAAM Bn ( HAWK Missiles ) 1st MAW. I do have some pictures. marine77777@comcast.net

I have a picture of me receiving the second piece of cake Nov 1966 Hill 327 C Battery 1st LAAM Bn 1 st MAW

marine77777@comcast.net

1966 - 1967 C Battery 1st LAAM Bn 1st MAW

Curt Taylor here. I arrived at ASP 1 in about April '68. I was only there for a month or so & was shipped over to ASP 2.
    I got real stupid while there & involved myself with too much dope smokin. In December 68 I was court martialed for possesion & sent to the brig across the street from ASP 1 & kicked out much to my everlasting shame.

Asp-1 27 apr 69.

Mike Dybus:

No idea if this is even gonna get to you, but I'll try.

Landed DaNang above date at 0630. One hour later the world ended.

I was at the R&R Center at the base of Freedom Hill (327).

My question: exactly where was ASP-1?

Especially in relation to me, R&R Center.

I was sent to PhuBai a couple of days later. I was an aerial gunner with HMH-462 and HML-367. So, I don't know DaNang...

When the trucks finally came for us, we were driven to a FSB, somewhere...
    They then evac'd that and dropped me off at some kind of MASH unit. Where? No clue.

I thought we were eventually taken to China Beach, but now I think it may have been Beach Red.

If you can shed any light on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Semper Fi...Joe

I'm brand new to this site (the inter-web, too); don't even know if I'm doing this right...I arrived DaNang 0630 27 APR 1969. I went to the R&R Center for in-country processing. A little over an hour later, I was standing next to a chain link fence when the world came to an end.
    I was picked up and thrown god-knows-how-far...when I came to, I was bleeding from my ears and...anyway, after forever, trucks made it through to us, I was dropped off at some kind of MASH unit, evac'd again, wound up on a beach that night and slept in the sand with about a million REMFs mostly, but a ton of grunts, as well. I was eventually sent up to PhuBai and did my tour as an AG with HMH-462 ans others at MAG-36.
    I'm writing a book; that first day at ASP-1 is a big part of the story (it's only taken me damn near 50 years to write it).

As I write this, I still can't definitively trace my route from the Air Facility, through Dogpatch; to the R&R; where exactly the dump was in relation to the R&R; which FSB I was driven to next; which MASH; and which beach. At first I thought it was China Beach, but now I'm thinking it was Red Beach.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it...Thanks, Joe

ASP1 was on the opposite side of the mountainfrom where you were.

Greetings, I was a Navy Corpsman assigned to FLSG-A, ASP-1 from 1965-1966. Always remember walking back thru Dog Patch to ASP-1 from FLSG-A main camp BAS. Did ASP-1 rate any ribbons during that time. I left Viet Nam in Oct 1966. Spent many yrs with the Corps either in Okinawa or aboard LST and LPH ships. Live in Virginia Beach. Retired after 30 yrs. Thanks.
    HMCM Don McAlister

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home Devil Doc Godspeed too Yah Aye Aye Semper Fi

Thread Information