ASP-1 - Hill 327 - Da Nang - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The "PUC" I forgot all about that! I remember how we "EARNED" it! Oh Well at least I know we deserved it even though we can't display it!

Since my By-pass operation and the meds I'm on I haven't been working. I've been on disability since 1994. I used to be a commercial pilot last working for Martinair Holland.

On another note: John Heide! I do wish he is still alive so I can get in touch with him. Speaking of getting in touch, whenever I think of John Heide I also think of Fred Cressey. (We were a threesome until Fred and John disappeared to the wing). At least I remember for certain that Fred went I can't for the life of me remember when John disappeared from my life but think he went with Fred. If anyone wants to get in touch with Fred I can give an address and phone number. (Ask me and I'll email them to you)

Sorry to hear about the bypass Mike. they must have done a good job if it's still holding up after all this time! I had a stent put in in 01. Got lucky, the blockage was found before I had a heart attack! Maybe John is still in Texas. I guess that would be the palce to start a search. Can't recall Fred at all. I might if I saw a pic.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    the pics of the monseens bring back some bad memorys....we were out in the bush...que son mountains no supplys...no medavack... and wet all the time our whole bodys were wrincled like your hands get when i water for a long time...felt like you were being eaten alive by ants...hungery wet and exsosted...not to mention getting ambushed or takeing sniper fire every day...talk about drink a lot of beer when we finaly got back to ross...they had some wall tents set up off to the side for us...didnt say a word to us about shaveing cleaning up or going to the wire and buying whisky from momason...just left us alone for 3 or 4 days...then after we were all sick they came and told us it was time to start acting like Marines again...brought some gooks in to shave and give hircuts to us.... then a stack arms for three days...we didnt drink as much beer at that stack arms...but we sure ate all we could

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    make that monsoons...duh

Good afternoon MARINES.

I just found this web site and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone.
    I, too, was at ASP 1 from Feb 70 thru Dec 70. Only difference is I was a Heavy Equipment Mechanic instead of an Ammo Tech. Have some found memories of my time there. I recently located Cpl Leo Russo on the web site. Would enjoying hearing from anyone from that time frame. I remember the AM I left ASP 1 a 122 mortor hit our compound. I thought we were all goners.

Last edited by thedrifter; 03-17-09 at 08:29 AM.

I may have some photos on my FLC website. Feel free to view or you what ever you want
    Semper Fi www.mikefishbaugh.homestead.com

Hey Mike, ok, will ck it out. Have you ck'd out the ASP#1 website?

Can You

please advise the link to it. Thanks
    Semper Fi,
    Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!!

Hill 327 was called Freedom Hill as my memory serves me.

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    Mike sorry I missed you
    I was there in 1970=1971
    Danang,Hue, FLC
    Wasn't hill 327 First Marine Division? I was also with First Marine Division and I thought it was hill 327
    Mostly was with 3rd MAF
    Hope you get this Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!!

found this link many pics on Hill 327

http://www.vma-aw-242.com/photos/69-70pics7.htm

Mike, go to www.goingback.org
    S/F!
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dybus View Post
    On another note: John Heide! I do wish he is still alive so I can get in touch with him. Speaking of getting in touch, whenever I think of John Heide I also think of Fred Cressey. (We were a threesome until Fred and John disappeared to the wing). At least I remember for certain that Fred went I can't for the life of me remember when John disappeared from my life but think he went with Fred. If anyone wants to get in touch with Fred I can give an address and phone number. (Ask me and I'll email them to you)
    Mike,
    Heidi did not go to Mabs 11 bomb dump with me, but T Fox did. We were there when the VC hit the strip with the new Russian 75mm rockets, came in right over our heads.
    After I rotated back to ASP-1 in Jan. 67 I was soon sent TAD again to the new ill fated ASP-2, where we ended up doing counter insurgency op's between DaNang and Happy Valley. They brought up a SP 8" howitzer to park on our doorstep. I was there only about a month because I had a dissagreement with with our S/sgt NCOIC and he put me on office hours, so I ended up back on the hill burning ****ters for 2 weeks. Stayed there till I rotated on April 11th.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by T210 View Post
    Mike,
    Heidi did not go to Mabs 11 bomb dump with me, but T Fox did. We were there when the VC hit the strip with the new Russian 75mm rockets, came in right over our heads.
    After I rotated back to ASP-1 in Jan. 67 I was soon sent TAD again to the new ill fated ASP-2, where we ended up doing counter insurgency op's between DaNang and Happy Valley. They brought up a SP 8" howitzer to park on our doorstep. I was there only about a month because I had a dissagreement with with our S/sgt NCOIC and he put me on office hours, so I ended up back on the hill burning ****ters for 2 weeks. Stayed there till I rotated on April 11th.
    Fred
    OOPS, brain fart---those were 140MM rockets.
    Fred

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Da Nang....where is that? Is that a suburb of L.A.? OR...a suburb of Galveston?....DOC

Thread Information