Learning General Orders
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Learning General Orders

Hello All. I just recently signed up with leatherneck.com and I am a poolee going to MRCDSD 20081117 or as early as 20081013. I have been having trouble learning my General orders. I already know my leadership traits(JJDIDTIEBUCKLE), my complete USMC rank structure, all three verses of the Marine Hymn, and my three core values. Is there anything that fellow recruits, former recruits, or even fleet marines active or inactive that helps you remember them? I don't want to miss out on a squad leader/scribe position when my chance comes up.

Keep it strong, going all nigt long my fellow poolees and Marines.
    Semper Fi.

Let's try the very basics, first.

Fill out a profile.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Did I hear something?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,Guess not.

I think of stupid little things in my head that connects the number with the order. It probably makes no sense to anyone else but it helps me out.. for instance #9 To call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions, I remember you CALL 911 in an emergency, so on number 9 you CALL the Corporal, etc. It doesn't have to make sense to other people, as long as it helps you keep them straight.

Still need to complete that profile, Poolee. I believe you've been told by the Sergeant already.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sorry about the profile thing. I do not have my recruiter's phone number because my blackjackII was stolen at school a few weeks back.

I'll bet you could find his office in about 1/2 a second with Google Maps, or in a min with a phone book. Call, ask for him and get his contact info.

Funny thing about common sense...Not so common.

So.......if you needed to contact the recruiter, how would you do so?

Did the recruiter give you a business card?

Do you have the 'yellow pages' at your residence or where you are?

Access to 'google' to locate your recruiting station?

Access to a telephone, to call 'information'?

Holy sweet jumping horny toads lad. What do you think we did before the advent of crackberries, cell phones, the internet, myspace, and everything else?

IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME!

Life doesn't come to a grinding halt just because you lost your little electronic leash!!!!!!!

Geezus.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Alright, I now have my profile filled out. Now, does anyone know of any mental exercises to assist me on learning my 11 General Orders for a Sentry?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Flash cards....Tape the General Orders and go for a 5 mile run or hump with earphones on.

Hell you work for Sylvan Learning Center...don't they have advice?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Flash cards....Tape the General Orders and go for a 5 mile run or hump with earphones on.

Hell you work for Sylvan Learning Center...don't they have advice?

HAHA/.

This is the best post I've seen in years.

You know how I learned my GO???

Try holding a M16A2 with your pinky, and waiting until 68 recruits recite all of them in order. Pain is the quickest way to learn things.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Walking through the chow hall holding a silver tray.... beans private, beer private (just kidding) , taters private, whatever that is private (then the cook comes out and says that is freaking meatloaf recruit)... ok meatloaf private. You then sit down with your heels touching and feet at a 45 degree angle and gobble all that chow down in about 60 seconds. Next is formation outside and guess what? The prac private has you reciting your general orders ad nauseum. You will be saying them so many times they will be tatooed on your brain.

Take two dice and throw them and recite that order.. (12 = GO 1)

Thread Information