Vietnam - Can't Win Strategy - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If history taught us anything we never should have attempted to enforce the Parris Peace Treaty, the two partitoned sides should have worked out their own affairs.The domino theory was busted long, long ago. Eisenhower and Nixon were wrong but they sure got Americans worked up into a frenzy, and it is funny how some still think it was best to "kill a commie for mommy" and somehow our involvment might help guard our own back door.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool 100's Of Thousands Were Slaughtered,usa.ran!!!

TELL THAT TOO THE SOUTH VIETNAMESE WHO WERE EXTERMINATED BY THE COMMIES TOO THE NORTH,WE BETTER THINK IT OR THAT FUCING COMMIE "WILL KILL YOU'R MOMMIE"

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68 View Post
    TELL THAT TOO THE SOUTH VIETNAMESE WHO WERE EXTERMINATED BY THE COMMIES TOO THE NORTH,WE BETTER THINK IT OR THAT FUCING COMMIE "WILL KILL YOU'R MOMMIE"
    My family remains quite safe, no commie or any other real or imagined enemy of the United States is a threat to any member of my family.

But thank you for your concerns, regardless of where they may have sprung from. I sense that somehow, deep down, perhaps through redemption, your view is just.

Quote Originally Posted by CH53MetalMan View Post
    My family remains quite safe, no commie or any other real or imagined enemy of the United States is a threat to any member of my family.

But thank you for your concerns, regardless of where they may have sprung from. I sense that somehow, deep down, perhaps through redemption, your view is just.
    Do you think that your family is safe because no one wants to hurt them? If so that's a naive way to think.. There are plenty of folks out there who want nothing more than to destroy us and our way of life and don't care what it takes or costs to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coup View Post
    Do you think that your family is safe because no one wants to hurt them? If so that's a naive way to think.. There are plenty of folks out there who want nothing more than to destroy us and our way of life and don't care what it takes or costs to do it.

It is difficult, if not impossible to quantify or come to terms with numbers of people that would be interested in killing non-military Americans that don't currently occupy THEIR country. People are basically the same throughout the world, their primary concern is the betterment of their children.

I say secure our borders and ports. Two large oceans and two land borders will forevermore prevent a marauding rabble from ravaging our land.

Sorry, I don't think we LOST the war,we were victorious in every main action, we kicked their ass in the bush, most of the time, and if you looked at the casulity ratio, it's a telling story. What LOST the war was a bunch of ********** politicians and commie fruitcakes. SF

I know this is a late response.....but what if we never went to Vietnam?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DON'T WORRY ABOUT MY SOUL METALMAN,I HAD MY REDEMPTION ON 4 DEC.1968,I SUGGEST YOU GO TOO "LITTLE RUSSIA" IN YOU'R HOMETOWN OF NY.NY.AND TALK TO THE LUCKY BASTARDS THAT MADE IT OUTTA THE SOVIET UNION.OH AND WEAR YOU'R USMC COVER AND SEE IF YOU CAN SWAP HORROR STORIES IN THAT RUSSKI BAR ON THE CORNER.

Quote Originally Posted by CH53MetalMan View Post
    It is difficult, if not impossible to quantify or come to terms with numbers of people that would be interested in killing non-military Americans that don't currently occupy THEIR country. People are basically the same throughout the world, their primary concern is the betterment of their children.

I say secure our borders and ports. Two large oceans and two land borders will forevermore prevent a marauding rabble from ravaging our land.
    MMM dont think we we in Iraq or Afganastan when they hit the WTC

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock1970 View Post
    Sorry, I don't think we LOST the war,we were victorious in every main action, we kicked their ass in the bush, most of the time, and if you looked at the casulity ratio, it's a telling story. What LOST the war was a bunch of ********** politicians and commie fruitcakes. SF
    We were not fighting a war to defeat North Vietnam, this was never the goal. Our military fought to enforce the Paris Peace Treaty which partitoned the country into North & South Vietnam. You are correct, our military won in the field, every time, but the North knew as much and chose to fight a gorilla or insurgent war of attrition - - and they essentially wore us out. If I were to fault any politicans or fruitcakes, it would be for taking us into Vietnam in the first place. As events played out, the side that had more worth fighting over ( their own land ) won out with a better game plan than taking us on head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndCEBSupply View Post
    I know this is a late response.....but what if we never went to Vietnam?
    One good thing would be that there would not be a Vietnam Memorial Wall in D.C. and about a million Vietnamese would not have met an early death.

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68 View Post
    DON'T WORRY ABOUT MY SOUL METALMAN,I HAD MY REDEMPTION ON 4 DEC.1968,I SUGGEST YOU GO TOO "LITTLE RUSSIA" IN YOU'R HOMETOWN OF NY.NY.AND TALK TO THE LUCKY BASTARDS THAT MADE IT OUTTA THE SOVIET UNION.OH AND WEAR YOU'R USMC COVER AND SEE IF YOU CAN SWAP HORROR STORIES IN THAT RUSSKI BAR ON THE CORNER.
    I'll take a pass on that, I don't drink vodka.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    (LOL)I HEARD THAT METALMAN,VODKA CAN MAKE YOU SEE RED

provide better backup for the French LOL

" they essentially wore us out. If I were to fault any politicans or fruitcakes, it would be for taking us into Vietnam in the first place. As events played out, the side that had more worth fighting over ( their own land ) won out with a better game plan than taking us on head to head."

This is close to the truth BUT when you say "WE"...it needs quaification. We helped the people in S. Vietnam with CAC Units to protect them and even more through the development of new rice strains that they now enjoy bumper crops with. The "WE" was and IS the DAMN American ploticians...LBJ, MacNamara, Byrd..etc..etc. Those
    are the people that I'll see in hell with a shovel for them. Now, Vietnam was 'different'
    war but not really. The American Indian fought the US Army this same way...he** we fought the British the same way......we just DON'T READ HISTORY OR APPLY IT !!!

SEMPER FI.........>Chuck

Thread Information