Picking my MOS: A couple questions.
Create Post

Lightbulb Picking my MOS: A couple questions.

Hello I am currently in the DEP program, and i and shipping 20081027 to MCRD in SD. Right now I have a Logistics MOS, but my recruiter is keeping an eye out and switching me over to Intelligence if he can before I leave. Intelligence was my first choice, but all the slots were filled when i went to MEPs. I have been thinking about both fields, and don't know if I would want to switch over if a slot opens. The thing is I really don't know much about any of these fields, I was wandering if there is anyone on here in any of these fields that could offer me some more insight into the training and day to day job tasks in both of these fields. This could help me more understand the job and what I want to do.

Also before you ask, I have scored high enough on the ASVAB and the GT scores for both fields, and I do know that one has a higher security clearance that I may/may not acquire. Nonetheless, I was wandering if anyone could tell me more about these jobs. Thanks for anything I can get.

Thanks
    - Alex

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard,,,, Did your recruter tell you all new billets open up Oct 1st? Decide what you want, and hold out for it.

No he he never told me that but, I did figure it out for myself reading on these boards, and seeing something about the Marines fiscal year starting in Oct. So I assumed that I could get into what I wanted at that point, which is why I then decided to make this post asking for more insight into the two particular career paths. Thanks for the response though.

Dude seriously whats the rush? Your wanting to go off to work a job for the next 4 years of your life and you arnt even sure which one you like, take some time and DECIDE FOR ABSOLUTE CERTAIN that you want the contract that you are signing because after the second time you swear in at meps your gonna be stuck with it.

What do you want to know about Intelligence?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Welcome Aboard,,,, Did your recruter tell you all new billets open up Oct 1st? Decide what you want, and hold out for it.

This is true, however all thoose jobs already can be seen and you can already select one now. All the fiscal year has to do with the jobs is when your going to boot camp. A young man and/or woman can DEP in june and get a job for thr next fiscal year. The way everyone is making it sound is Oct 1st, All these news jobs will ope. THEY ALREADY ARE OPEN. I would not be suprised if security forces is closed for FY09 in some recruiting stations. These kids do not need to hold out, they need to DEP ASAP and go to boot camp sometime in FY09, that way they get a FY09 slot.

Thread Information