Should I Dep in (delay Entry program) ? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My parents were like WTF? at first then about two days later they were like "I think its good for you" and stuff. Stay motivated guys. Always think of the prize ahead, that is becoming a Marine. It WILL happen if your serious enough about it. Good luck to all Poolees!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just sit down with him with some info you get with the recruiter and have a serious talk about it. My parents support me it just took a little explaining to my mom that I was serious and to my dad that I wanted to Enlist early in the DEP. (I sign in June, can't wait, then roughly a yr of preparing) Main thing is see if they will talk to the recuirter with you, you would not belive how much it helps. They walk in with one mind set and come out with a totally different mind set. Another thing is see if the recuirter will come to your house or even go out to eat with you and your family. Sometimes it might help to ease things a little.

Quote Originally Posted by 93F22A6 View Post
    Just sit down with him with some info you get with the recruiter and have a serious talk about it. My parents support me it just took a little explaining to my mom that I was serious and to my dad that I wanted to Enlist early in the DEP. (I sign in June, can't wait, then roughly a yr of preparing) Main thing is see if they will talk to the recuirter with you, you would not belive how much it helps. They walk in with one mind set and come out with a totally different mind set. Another thing is see if the recuirter will come to your house or even go out to eat with you and your family. Sometimes it might help to ease things a little.
    You do realize this thread is a year old right?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jburke1983 View Post
    You do realize this thread is a year old right?
    I know now, my bad, usually dont pay attention to the dates on threads.

Buy Ears Open, Eyeballs Click and watch it with him. Tell him that it's your life and you're absolutely positive it's what you want to do.

My dad basically told me to f off the other day and to never speak with him again, luckily for me I got his signature back in December and I'm 18

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    Buy Ears Open, Eyeballs Click and watch it with him. Tell him that it's your life and you're absolutely positive it's what you want to do.

My dad basically told me to f off the other day and to never speak with him again, luckily for me I got his signature back in December and I'm 18
    Another one, you do realize that this thread is almost 2 years old and hasn't been posted in almost a year, right? Plus the OP hasn't been on this site since July 21, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Another one, you do realize that this thread is almost 2 years old and hasn't been posted in almost a year, right? Plus the OP hasn't been on this site since July 21, 2009.

Sorry, I didn't notice

Yes, definitely DEP in. It really gets you ready for boot camp, and besides, if you decide you don't want to join after you've already sworn in, you CAN quit. You have up until you get onto the bus to go to MCRDPI or SD to quit.

When I DEP'd in, I did 0 pull ups, 62 crunches, and I had an abysmal 17+ minute mile and a half run. I don't even want to know what kind of strings they had to pull to get me in, but they did it.

Just graduated from MCRDPI on 20110107 with a first class PFT, had no trouble what so ever with the knowledge they teach you (Most of it I learned from the DEP), and plus, pool functions are ****ing awesome

He posted this 2 years ago, if he hasn't DEP'd in by now, he probably isn't joining.

Thread Information