Fix Bayonets!
Create Post

Thread: Fix Bayonets!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Fix Bayonets!

Just a revisit on a motivating action!

SCOTTISH troops fixed bayonets and fought hand to hand with a Shi’ite militia in southern Iraq in one of their fiercest clashes since the war was declared more than a year ago, it was reported last night.

Soldiers from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders mounted what were described as "classic infantry assaults" on firing and mortar positions held by more than 100 fighters loyal to the outlawed cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, according to military sources.

At least 20 men from al-Sadr’s army were believed killed in more than three hours of fighting - the highest toll reported in any single incident involving British forces in the past 12 months.

Nine fighters were captured and three British soldiers injured, none seriously.

"It was very bloody and it was difficult to count all their dead," one source was quoted as saying. "There were bodies floating in the river."

The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders were drawn into the fighting when soldiers in two Land-Rovers were ambushed on Friday afternoon about 15 miles east of the city of Amara. The soldiers escaped, only to be ambushed a second time by a larger group of militia, armed with machine-guns, rocket-propelled grenades and mortars.

Reinforcements were summoned from the Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment at a base nearby. "There was some pretty fierce hand-to-hand fighting with bayonets fixed," the source added. "There were some classic assaults on mortar positions held by the al-Sadr forces."

Official spokesman Major Ian Clooney confirmed the Mehdi army "took a pretty heavy knocking", but refused to specify tactics. "This was certainly an intense engagement," he added.

Classic Brit Understatement!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't screw with the Highlanders, you'll get the 21st Century equivalent of a Claymore in your azz.

Y'know what I find funny, I know the Gurkhas have been in Iraq/'Stan, but you don't hear anything about them being messed with too much. I guess the thought of a kukhri stuck in your gullet is a little scary to the scumbag terrorists.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Gurkas are some bad ass fighters. Each of them that qualify could do MCRD standing in their heads.

Thats outstanding !
    Good thing Marines werent involved , otherwise there would be an investigation, Murtha would be calling the Marines savages who slaughtered poor civillian inoccents.
    The Corps top brass would be falling all over themselves foaming at the mouth , ready to burn and fry Marines, all just to paint a beautiful picture of what a polite little gentlemen a good Marine should be. Already the Marines command would have pulled them from combat and would have already washed their hands of Marines on their 2nd , 3rd, or 4th deployment because the Marines did not take into account , the "civilians" feelings as they ripped their fuc*ing hearts out with a bayonet. Semper Fi Marines!

You know.....I'm just going to throw this out there.....but I think outlaw doesnt like media pleasing Marine Officers haha.

No no...they're his favorite sort of people

Marine Free Member RememberMorriso's Avatar
    Salt Lake City, Utah Not my falt new unit till deploy
    Credits
    Savings
    This is what the end of the battle looked like.

Marine Free Member RememberMorriso's Avatar
    Salt Lake City, Utah Not my falt new unit till deploy
    Credits
    Savings
    That is awesome though, shows how mighty a modern military is compared to the insurgents and their lack of tactics. If they would fight us like that the war would have been over 3 years ago.

Love it!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    There was hand to hand in Baghdad in 03 in Iraq. Its just not talked about.

They were sometime referred to as 'Ladies from Hell'.

Credits
    Savings
    Im talking about Marine units when we went into Baghdad when we took it over in April of 03.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just for ha ha's , my old man fought some pretty tough ground with them turk's, during Korea,
    he used to tell me about them crazy bastards going out at night in the middle of a field and how two would hide out while one sat in the middle smoking a pack of camels,
    then the nk's would try to sneak up on em and kill them in the night but the turks would always ambush em before they got to he guy in the field,
    he sad he was never so glad they were on our side and not the nk's.
    just fyi for a story

Thread Information