Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recon Training

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Recon ranger life of danger!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post
    Ryan, as I said I'm also a Recon wannabe like you. I've been in the DEP for a long time now and I only just got really serious about preparing for Boot Camp and eventually the Recon Indoc. My advice to you is to start training hard from day one. I messed around for too long and now the time is upon me. Also, swim until you grow gills. As soon as you're comfortable in the water, go to a military surplus store. Pick yourself up some cheap used cammies and some boots or heavy shoes and swim in those. Trust me it's a ton harder. Good luck.
    Don't waste time daydreaming, get out there and do it.

Thanks for the input Bullpup, I'll make sure to hit that surplus store soon. But I want to get that EGA/pass that indoc more than anything man, my friends think I'm crazy 'cause all I really do is train/lift. When do you ship out though man?

Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs10 View Post
    there's so much other ****...why is everyone so damn impressed by recon? yeah, the guys are tough as nails.

the only reason you want recon is to tell people you got recon so they think you're a ****ing badass, not to do anything beneficial. prove me wrong...good luck.

I've always wanted to see if I could do one of the hardest things out there. I know Boot will be real tough, but I want to see if I truly have what it takes to be a Recon Marine. If not, I will surely be satisfied with an 03xx job.

Thanks for the input everyone! A lot of views/replies for my first topic. Thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by ryany View Post
    I've always wanted to see if I could do one of the hardest things out there. I know Boot will be real tough, but I want to see if I truly have what it takes to be a Recon Marine. If not, I will surely be satisfied with an 03xx job.

No need to explain yourself to me, I was just being a dick, sorry.

Good luck man, work your ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by EspritDeCorps View Post
    I still think 0311 is badass as hellllll!
    Yup and opinions are like *******s everybody has one.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Did I misspell a few digits Sgt!?

Quote Originally Posted by EspritDeCorps View Post
    Did I misspell a few digits Sgt!?
    You sure did now get on your face and give me 50.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    And they all stink!

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    And they all stink!
    Very true,lol.

how about you finish boot camp first. dont even think about recon if you run a 200pft. i have seen fat kids run a better pft

200pft? I didnt run for 6 months after having a broken foot and I still got a 221 the day I got full duty.

Weak.

But yeah, being a Marine is so much more than a PFT score. I've always had a high PFT score, but I absolutely positively hate the field. I hate the cold, I hate the heat. I hate mud, rain, snow, ice, hikes, everything. The only thing I enjoy, and excell at is shooting, but I don't like putting on all your gear, hiking for miles to get to the range, nor do I like the hike back. That's why I'm glad I got Hawaii. Today's high temperature was like 78 degrees. It rains for 5 seconds, and then it's done for the rest of the day. PTA is different, but Oahu is where its at gents!

I will never be recon, I don't want to be recon. You poolees need to understand two things.

Being a Marine who's address doesn't end in BIVOUAC doesn't make you less of a Marine.

And being a Marine who's address DOES end in BIVOUAC absolutely positively sucks more than you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ryany View Post
    I have around a 200 PFT right now, but that's only 6 weeks of harcore training. As I said before I'm highly motivated
    Ever sleep in wet shoes because your to tired to take them off?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    LOL, this Ryan kid hasn't been back since 19 June. Hopefully he is still training.

Thread Information