Recon Training - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recon Training

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I'm with you bigal - all these wannabes want to serve on the ground - who's gonna do it from the air?
    With you in the air, the view is better from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    With you in the air, the view is better from the ground.
    lmao!

Ryan... If you are as serious as you say you are, swim until you breathe water. Run until you die then run some more. Do pull ups till you pull the bar into the ground. Get your 200 to a 290.

Quote Originally Posted by ryany View Post
    Thanks for the input man, I just have the mindset to train harder when I have my mind set on Recon, whether I end up goin' for it or not. And the reason I've been at it only 6 weeks is I tore my rotator cuff lifting a few months back, so that messed me up. What MOS you goin' for man?
    Make sure you don't overtrain and hurt yourself more. Also, when you reply to Marines on this site or anywhere, refer to them by their rank and name. That is unless the tell you otherwise.

As for me, I have a Recon contract. That simply means that I'm another Recon wannabe like you. If I don't make Recon I'll be damn happy with Infantry 03XX.

I'm at a 285 PFT. Running is my weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by ryany View Post
    Whats up, first post here, so I'm gonna cut the bull**** and ask the only question that I need to be answered.

I plan on enlisting next Jan. ('09) and want to ship to boot in July. Is a year long enough to train for Recon? I'm highly motivated, I train my ass off every day, which includes running, swimming, lifting, and other calisthenics. I usually train with a hardcore Recon Marine who served in Vietnam, so I'm serious with this, unlike most kids like me goin' for Recon. I have around a 200 PFT right now, but that's only 6 weeks of harcore training. As I said before I'm highly motivated, and believe me when I say I will pass that indoc after SOI. Thanks in advance.
    Oh shoot you are funny.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What I said of recon before,,,,,,, When you can sneek up to a cyotes azz and take a sniff without being noticed,,,,,,,,You are ready grasshopper,

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    What I said of recon before,,,,,,, When you can sneek up to a cyotes azz and take a sniff without being noticed,,,,,,,,You are ready grasshopper,
    Now that is a good one sparkie let's see if he is that good,lmfao.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I dont understand why people ask these questions, or say im going to be a sniper, or recon man, or anything, you haven't even joined yet, or even spent 1 minute on the island/SD, who knows you might not make it. Im closer to being a Marine than you ever will be right now, but I have no idea if Ill make it, I want to and Ill try my damn hardest, but my focus is on that day they put the eagle globe and anchor in my hand, then ill maybe worry about if I want to be Recon! Not trying to be an ass guy, its jsut the reality of the situation, motivated or not, plenty of people are heavily motivated but that doesn't mean they can be a Marine. Rant/off sorry gentleman, but it had to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog43701 View Post
    ok...for the "last" time from a reconner....EARN THE TITLE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I definitely agree with the Sergeant on this one but I have a lot of respect for anyone who decides to take up the challenge of going into Recon. I'd have to guess that they're either extremely motivated or just stupid. Anyway good luck, but that 200 PFT is probably gonna have to be a 300 if you want any kind of shot at Recon but thats definitely not the only thing they look at.

there's so much other ****...why is everyone so damn impressed by recon? yeah, the guys are tough as nails.

the only reason you want recon is to tell people you got recon so they think you're a ****ing badass, not to do anything beneficial. prove me wrong...good luck.

You can't make that assumption.
    Otherwise, we could make the same judgment with you going Infantry or SF.

Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs10 View Post
    there's so much other ****...why is everyone so damn impressed by recon? yeah, the guys are tough as nails.

the only reason you want recon is to tell people you got recon so they think you're a ****ing badass, not to do anything beneficial. prove me wrong...good luck.
    The Marine behind the desk or the cook can be the worst badass it doesn't take just a Recon Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I still think 0311 is badass as hellllll!

Ryan, as I said I'm also a Recon wannabe like you. I've been in the DEP for a long time now and I only just got really serious about preparing for Boot Camp and eventually the Recon Indoc. My advice to you is to start training hard from day one. I messed around for too long and now the time is upon me. Also, swim until you grow gills. As soon as you're comfortable in the water, go to a military surplus store. Pick yourself up some cheap used cammies and some boots or heavy shoes and swim in those. Trust me it's a ton harder. Good luck.
    Don't waste time daydreaming, get out there and do it.

Now this has me curious since i read Accords story of the indoc. Whats BRC like, to all Recon Marines. What happens after you pass the indoc?

Thread Information