Recon Training
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recon Training

Recon Training

Whats up, first post here, so I'm gonna cut the bull**** and ask the only question that I need to be answered.

I plan on enlisting next Jan. ('09) and want to ship to boot in July. Is a year long enough to train for Recon? I'm highly motivated, I train my ass off every day, which includes running, swimming, lifting, and other calisthenics. I usually train with a hardcore Recon Marine who served in Vietnam, so I'm serious with this, unlike most kids like me goin' for Recon. I have around a 200 PFT right now, but that's only 6 weeks of harcore training. As I said before I'm highly motivated, and believe me when I say I will pass that indoc after SOI. Thanks in advance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ryany View Post
    Whats up, first post here, so I'm gonna cut the bull**** and ask the only question that I need to be answered.

I plan on enlisting next Jan. ('09) and want to ship to boot in July. Is a year long enough to train for Recon? I'm highly motivated, I train my ass off every day, which includes running, swimming, lifting, and other calisthenics. I usually train with a hardcore Recon Marine who served in Vietnam, so I'm serious with this, unlike most kids like me goin' for Recon. I have around a 200 PFT right now, but that's only 6 weeks of harcore training. As I said before I'm highly motivated, and believe me when I say I will pass that indoc after SOI. Thanks in advance.

Well, here's your first post's answer: This question has been asked and answered so many times people puke when it is asked again. Use the search function.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ok...for the "last" time from a reconner....EARN THE TITLE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I'm so impressed.....I think I'll go count the dots on the ceiling tonight so the boredom doesn't overtake my soul!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    I'm so impressed.....I think I'll go count the dots on the ceiling tonight so the boredom doesn't overtake my soul!
    Dangit! There went another one!

OOPS there goes another rubber tree plant.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I'm gonna cut the bull**** and ask the only question that I need to be answered.

"Where do we get such men?

Where are your weaknesses and strength- PFT wise?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wish I was an Oscar Meyer weiner,,,,,,,,,

Why on Earth do people think that the PFT is the definitive answer to becoming a recon Marine and a Marine in general?

Recon is alot more than a solid PFT. Moreover, being a MARINE is alot more than that.

Okay ryan, I'm not a Marine yet so feel free to take my words with a grain of salt.

First of all, the Marines who have replied to you may seem blunt but the best advice I can give you is; listen to them. They know their chit.

Second, believe me, you will have many more questions. This post will not be your last so make sure you respectfully make the most of the resources of this site. That includes the search function. You can find a million and one Recon posts.

Third, you have a 200 PFT after six weeks. That makes you barely mediocre. You should first prepare for bootcamp before looking at Recon. If you want a snowballs chance in hell at Recon then you need an easy 300. Also remember that the PFT itself is only a small part of training.

Search this site, ask questions, listen and you will learn a lot.

I've been in the DEP for almost 9 months now and I ship off next month. So for now,
    Welcome to the wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post
    Okay ryan, I'm not a Marine yet so feel free to take my words with a grain of salt.

First of all, the Marines who have replied to you may seem blunt but the best advice I can give you is; listen to them. They know their chit.

Second, believe me, you will have many more questions. This post will not be your last so make sure you respectfully make the most of the resources of this site. That includes the search function. You can find a million and one Recon posts.

Third, you have a 200 PFT after six weeks. That makes you barely mediocre. You should first prepare for bootcamp before looking at Recon. If you want a snowballs chance in hell at Recon then you need an easy 300. Also remember that the PFT itself is only a small part of training.

Search this site, ask questions, listen and you will learn a lot.

I've been in the DEP for almost 9 months now and I ship off next month. So for now,
    Welcome to the wannabes.

Thanks for the input man, I just have the mindset to train harder when I have my mind set on Recon, whether I end up goin' for it or not. And the reason I've been at it only 6 weeks is I tore my rotator cuff lifting a few months back, so that messed me up. What MOS you goin' for man?

Quote Originally Posted by JSam View Post
    Where are your weaknesses and strength- PFT wise?

Man until I get around 285 and up, I guess all three are my weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Haffner View Post
    Why on Earth do people think that the PFT is the definitive answer to becoming a recon Marine and a Marine in general?

Recon is alot more than a solid PFT. Moreover, being a MARINE is alot more than that.

I hear ya man, and I am concentrated on boot camp more than the Recon indoc, I just think it makes me train harder when I hear/read up on the recon qualifications, so I'll be in pretty decent shape at boot

Credits
    Savings
    Day Fricking Yam!!!

.... another ricky recon, rambo, k-bar carrying wannabee!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm with you bigal - all these wannabes want to serve on the ground - who's gonna do it from the air?

Thread Information