MCL bans khaki shirt:(
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MCL bans khaki shirt:(

I missed last month's MCL meeting, so when I called another member to get an update, I was shocked to learn that we have 90 days to switch to white shirts and black pants

This is posted at mcleague.com:
    Effective with the close of the Marine Corps League’s 86th National Convention (August 7, 2009) held in Rochester, MN, the KHAKI (tan) SHIRT is no longer authorized for wear as a part of the Marine Corps League Uniform for any purpose. The members in attendance voted overwhelmingly to remove the "Khaki" (tan) shirt as an authorized part of the Ceremonial Uniform. It has not been authorized for wear with any other MCL uniform for several years. All Detachment and Department Color Guards and Honor Guards are to suspend wearing of the Khaki Shirt and change over to the "Casual" uniform or "Undress" uniform as proscribed in National Bylaws Enclosure Three (3)

The Commandant of the Marine Corps has been in a tizzy over this issue for years. Now it is written in stone. It do's not look good to have some 250 to 350 pound puss guts parading around in dress blue's. Covers are goimg to be the next big issue! Especialy what you put on them.

Plus guys cant seem to understand that it says that DOD ribbons cannot be worn with the Khaki shirt and so many guys do it. Also there are pictures floating around with guys with rank on the sleeves. What did they expect?

Quote Originally Posted by JRHD72 View Post
    The Commandant of the Marine Corps has been in a tizzy over this issue for years. Now it is written in stone. It do's not look good to have some 250 to 350 pound puss guts parading around in dress blue's. Covers are goimg to be the next big issue! Especialy what you put on them.
    Maybe he should be directing his efforts to more important issues such as revising and streamlining off-contract re-enlistments of prior service Marines back into the AD & Reserve force.

Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    Maybe he should be directing his efforts to more important issues such as revising and streamlining off-contract re-enlistments of prior service Marines back into the AD & Reserve force.
    EXACTLY, FLYBY you read my mind.

Without the khaki shirt they will just look like the Navy.

Got this from the new bylaws. Looks like Color Guards will still wear the khaki shirts.

CEREMONIAL UNIFORM Regular members of Departments and/or Detachments having "COLOR GUARDS" may wear the "CEREMONIAL Uniform" ONLY when participating in those ceremonies. This uniform is authorized for both Males and Females.
    • Standard Cover (Paragraph V)
    • Devil Dog collar (optional)
    • Nametag (optional) (Paragraph IX)
    • SHIRT,
    o KHAKI (tan), long sleeve with military creases, with TIE, KHAKI, and Marine Corps or Marine Corps League gold tie bar
    –OR-
    o KHAKI (tan), short sleeve with military creases, open collar without tie/tie bar.

• Marine Corps League Sunburst insignias on collar, centered 1/2” inside the collar tip, with wings on the emblem parallel to the deck
    • Shoulder patches as authorized (Paragraph IV)
    • Marine Corps League Ribbons "ONLY" –OR- "NO" ribbons at all. (No DoD

At our MCL meeting this afternoon, the District Vice Commandant was present and said that the khaki shirt is no longer part of the MCL uniform period, no exceptions. White shirt, black trousers and red blazer, that's it...and of course the MCL cover. The only EGA allowed on the cover is the all gold one, not the silver and gold that officers wear, all gold. He told us that if members continue to wear the silver and gold EGA on the MCL cover, the EGA may be the next thing that MCL members will have taken away from them.

Marine Corps League
    National Headquarters
    http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/

MCL bans Khaki (Tan) Shirts

Effective with the close of the Marine Corps Leagues 86th National Convention (Aug 7, 2009) held in Rochester, MN, the KHAKI (tan) SHIRT is no longer authorized for wear as part of the Marine Corps League Uniform for any porpose. The members in attendance voted overwhelmingly to remove the Khaki (tan) shirt as an authorized part of the Ceremonial Uniform. It has not been authorized for wear with any other MCL uniform for several years. All Detachment and Department Color Guards and Honor Guards are to suspend wearing of the Khaki Shirt and change over to the "Casual" uniform or "Undress" uniform as proscribed in the National Bylaws Enclosure Three (3).

white shirt, black pants and red blazer. sorry, but that is a ugly uniform. i am a young marine and i am not going to walk around in a 'blazer". i would rather be undressed totally. it sould like the chubby MCL board members are looking for a way to get that blazer worn because it make them look less chunky. i for one joined because we still could keep some usmc uniforms in use. now its all gone and so am i. to many rules, drama, politics and no comradoriary. well at least the "carry on det" in clayton nc is like that. so long MCL. semper fi, rob j

Can the Marine Corps uniform (Delta's) still be worn at Funerals, Weddings, Military/Patriotic Events ?
    No MCL cover, but full uniform ?
    And I believe the standard was "MUST be in compliance with height/weight/grooming standards"

Quote Originally Posted by JRHD72 View Post
    Especially what you put on them.
    I would personally like to see them remove that large Marine Corps emblem that was proportioned to be on a barracks cover and go to the smaller gold emblem--the same size that is worn on the Blue Dress collar. The large emblem on the MCL pi$$cutter is just plain obnoxious. I'd also like to see them prohibit wearing the covers indoors. That is against naval tradition and not in accordance with etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracylaud83 View Post
    Can the Marine Corps uniform (Delta's) still be worn at Funerals, Weddings, Military/Patriotic Events ?
    No MCL cover, but full uniform ?
    And I believe the standard was "MUST be in compliance with height/weight/grooming standards"
    You cannot wear the MCL cover with your Marine Corps uniform (Delta's) at any time. The MCL cover is only authorized to wear with the MCL uniform, not any Marine Corps uniforms. When wearing any of the Marine Corps uniforms, you should wear the proper cover for that uniform.

Discharged Retired Marines Wearing the Uniform
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=76735&page=7

Thats what I thought.
    I agree that the MCL Muckity Mucks make us ALL look bad.
    (Think PCP, Pork Chop Platoon)

Wannabes & Poolees - when using the word MARINE CORPS, it will be capitalized at all times. Show RESPECT to Marines by calling us Marines, NOT 'guys and gals'......also, show RESPECT to the Marines who answer your questions by saying "Thanks Marines", NOT 'Thanks guys'.

Just a question:
    Does that mean it's bam or is it baM

Just kidding, couldn't resist.

Thread Information