Why I joined the Corps - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

my reason because.....

My father served in the Army, as well as my grandfather....he left my mom before I was born...Fast forward 13 years, my aunt (whom I also count as my best friend) married a former Marine Recon Sniper, he was gruff, mean and expected nothing but perfection,which needless to say upset me greatly. He pushed me to be my best,he taught me to how to drive a stick shift, and was in the front row for my high school graduation clapping the loudest.
    At 17, I decided the military would straighten out my goth wannabe attitude,unfortunately an Army recruiter got to me first,my uncle was dissapointed that I joined but him and my aunt were waiting for me as soon as I stepped off the plane,as proud as they could be. I served 6 years last month,and got an honorable discharge.I am elated to be out,Im proud that I served my country,but even happier that Im out.
    I will be leaving for boot camp in September, to earn the title Marine. I thank God and the Marine Corps for giving me the father figure that is my uncle.

All girls fall for a man in uniform...

Runnin from the law. Didn't get caught (nothing really serious), but they were on my trail. Came home and told my Mom I was heading out in three days. Hello Marine Corps!

Now thats a loaded question

Honestly I had never even thought of joining any military branch. I have always been a pretty tough female, very tomboyish and I really just don't put up with sh*t that is all there is to it. My dad took me to talk with the Air Force guy when I was in 10th grade and he started talkin all this trash about how easy it was and how females really don't have to do the same things as the men and blah blah blah. Yeah no I moved on. That was when I decided it wasn't for me cause I wanted something where I was going to be treated the same. End of story! Later went in to see the Army guy and he was just an azz took a look at me and I was about 100 pounds and 4'11" at the time, he told me I would never make it. So I walked out of there and went into the Navy. Guy there said pretty much the same thing the Air Force guy said. So I said forget it and went home. After I graduated the Marine Corps guys kept calling me and driving me nuts but I didn't want to see em cause I figured they would say the same things the others had said. One day the SSgt caught me in a good mood so I went to listen. Was there four hours and heard that it was going to be tougher than sh*t to go through, that women had to do pretty much the same sh*t and that the standards were much higher than any other branch and I asked them "where do I sign". They told guys for years after that there was a girl that had bigger balls then them in there that signed after only 4 hours. I never looked back and regretted it either. Semper Fi!!!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My steep son has wanted to be a marine scence he was about six, he watched one of those war time shows on the history chanel and was hooked on beeing a marine now he is going to be a door kicker when he ships out later this month.

The Marines at 76+ is impressilve. I remember shooting cards with half of em, and no one here cuts it. To be a Marine is to be ontop, no matter what. This is always an overstatement, being a Marine...

Quote Originally Posted by chris gervais View Post
    My steep son has wanted to be a marine scence he was about six, he watched one of those war time shows on the history chanel and was hooked on beeing a marine now he is going to be a door kicker when he ships out later this month.
    How about a profile and Marine is to be capitalized at all times.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    How about a profile and Marine is to be capitalized at all times.
    Sir, yes, sir. Still recognizing the rank of command. Isn't that peachy?

All:

IThunder is quite llikely a despicable poser. Disregard anything written or stated.

To begin with, you have an incomplete profile. Until you complete same, you will get no further response (nor should you) from anyone on this site, effective now. And, until you explain yourself, fully, to a moderator, expect to hear black helicopters coming to extract your butt from this site and be eliminated from cluttering up our area.

Unless and until I hear otherwise, I will be posting this response after every single thing you put here as a warning to other Marines, Marine friends, and poolees. Suggest you unfrack yourself ASAP.

Regarding THIS post, obviously, you haven't a clue what you are talking about. Sgt7477, steps are being taken to remedy the issue. See above for guidance.

v/r

Ok Sgt Lep we will see what we get from his peachy response, Semper FI.

I was born an Army brat, dad was a Vietnam tanker. I never wanted to join because of him, he had a lot of problems both physical and mental after he got back, enough so that he became violent against his own family. My mom divorced him and took my brother and I with her. I didn't get to see him much after that but when I did he would always say that the military would be the best thing for me (I was a wild child to say the least). When he died I was only 20 but being that he had never remarried I was his next of kin and had to go thru all of his stuff. I found a letter he had written to my mom, my brother and I, explaining his feelings and why he was so messed up. After reading it and crying for hours I understood his problems, and then and there I decided that I was going to make him proud of me, so I joined the most difficult branch of the military.
    Oh by the way he was right, the military was the perfect thing for me.

I always wanted to follow in my Dad's footsteps. He served in the Corps from '53 - '57 timeframe. He always talked about those being the best years of his life and how much the Corps set him up for success. After he got out, he became a LEO in Little Rock. I used to go ride with him from time to time and I knew most of the Officers on the force. I joined the Little Rock Police Department the day my Dad retired. I loved it but I had a need for more adreneline. My best friend was in the DEP and he was out at my house talking about going to bootcamp. My Dad overheard us talking and put his two cents in. I thought about it for a couple of days and decided "what the he!!". I joined with my friend and shipped out a month later. Never looked back for over 20 yrs. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    I was born an Army brat, dad was a Vietnam tanker. I never wanted to join because of him, he had a lot of problems both physical and mental after he got back, enough so that he became violent against his own family. My mom divorced him and took my brother and I with her. I didn't get to see him much after that but when I did he would always say that the military would be the best thing for me (I was a wild child to say the least). When he died I was only 20 but being that he had never remarried I was his next of kin and had to go thru all of his stuff. I found a letter he had written to my mom, my brother and I, explaining his feelings and why he was so messed up. After reading it and crying for hours I understood his problems, and then and there I decided that I was going to make him proud of me, so I joined the most difficult branch of the military.
    Oh by the way he was right, the military was the perfect thing for me.
    Good job Marine my wife was a nurse for the VA and said the most problems are with the Nam vets, Semper FI. My dad was a Korean war veteran who fought in the front lines he was in the army but told me the Marines were always the tough bunch, RIP Dad.

Credits
    Savings
    Well, when most kids were playing in sandboxes and with toys, i was out shooting rifles and hunting with my faimley. There was just somthing about shooting that amazed me more than anything. When i hit about 8 years old, i began to notice Marine posters, videos, and stickers everywhere. I thought to myself, that is what i want to do with my life, and the rest fell into place. I have worked ever since then to become the best recruit possable, and the time is neer for my ambitions and dreams to come true.

Sometimes dreams become true, Get Some.

Thread Information