PFC out of boot camp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question PFC out of boot camp?

I heard from my friend who brought me into wanting to go in, that if you bring in a new recruit for the recruiter, you automaticall make PFC? Is this true?

Also, what other things can I do during and/or before boot camp to make PFC by the time I get out?

thats what they told me so i brought them recruits. lol

also if your the Guide i think you get PFC as well. idk about squad leaders... i think they get it also (at least they did in '89) and i read that one recruit from each batalion is awarded the Dress Blues for graduation and he gets promoted as well (?).

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Usually if you help bring in 2 contracts you'll get PFC. As far as additional measures, read through past posts and use the search feature of the site.

In Alaska its two referrals lands you a promotion. Also being the first from your graduating class to enlist (me) lands you that. Just sign the paper, if you work hard enough, youll have no problem making higher ranks.

out here its pretty much we give them one, they give us one. makes it easy. if we give them a recruit, the next to walk in freely is ours.

Besides recruiting other people, how else could I earn PFC out of boot camp?

If you were in JROTC in high school for at least two years. Or if you're the guide or company honorman, I believe.

Here you go, this is the complete list of how you can become a contract PFC:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/bladvrank.htm

Yes. 2 referrals or if your like a guide, squad leader or even the scribe. You'll most likely get promoted meritouriously(SP?) When I was on the Island, 10% of the platoon got promoted. The easiest thing would be get a buddy to to go with you then you would be a contract PFC.

Haha, actually my friend is the one who brought me into my recruiter.

I do have a question regarding this...

I have one referral already and he is currently in Boot Camp. Say I do not get another before I ship.. But when I get back I managet to get one.. Does it still get me the promotion for having two? I'm really curious about this because I don't know if I will get another before I leave.

you should worry about making it through bootcamp first, contracted or not if you dont make it you dont get to be a glorious pfc, just my 2cents

butts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan629
    I do have a question regarding this...

I have one referral already and he is currently in Boot Camp. Say I do not get another before I ship.. But when I get back I managet to get one.. Does it still get me the promotion for having two? I'm really curious about this because I don't know if I will get another before I leave.
    I believe you would still pick up PFC, though the process would probably be fubar, having to deal with admin at your MOS school and whatnot. I know someone that picked up LCpl that way, and she didn't pin on until 3 months after getting those referrals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny90
    thats what they told me so i brought them recruits. lol

also if your the Guide i think you get PFC as well. idk about squad leaders... i think they get it also (at least they did in '89) and i read that one recruit from each batalion is awarded the Dress Blues for graduation and he gets promoted as well (?).
    Everybody gets Dress Blues out of boot now... Even the ****bird(s).

I thought only certain graduates get Blues out of boot?

Thread Information