LCpl
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCpl

LCpl

I have searched "Leatherneck.com" for this answer and while i have found similar threads, I havn't found anything that specifically answers my question. So..

If you are guarenteed Pfc. in your contract before you ship, is it possible to achieve LCpl (should one prove to be a meritorious recruit) where others not guarenteed Pfc. would earn Pfc. in boot camp? I hope that makes sense. Thanks for any replies.

The only way you're getting LCPL is if you are company honorman.

Would the company honorman be the honor graduate from the honor platoon? Is their such a thing as an honor platoon? Thanks for the reply Echo.

I don't think there's much of a chance of picking up LCpl in boot camp anymore. Meritorious PFC's are hard to come-by. My SDI explained he wanted to give me a meritorious PFC for being scribe, but they changed the way it works in boot camp to resemble the Fleet where its based off of PFT, Rifle Score, and Pro/Cons. I only saw one LCpl graduate and that motivated poor bastard had been on the Island for something like 270 days for recurring injuries and he made TIG. So, for a winded response, its extrememly rare if not impossible to pick up meritorious LCpl

No, the Company Honorman doesn't come from an honor platoon. There will be a "board" of the platoon honormen. The winner will be the Company honorman.

Not to burst your bubble, but it is very unlikely that you're going to graduate as a LCPL. You have to earn rank in the Marines.

I'm not really sure if they've changed how promotions go while in boot camp anymore. For some reason MCRD SD seems to promote their company honorman to LCpl more then PI does. Not sure why but that's the case. I'm not going to tell you that it's impossible to do because I did it. But chances are really slim. A part of me wishes that I didn't graduate as a LCpl just so that I had the time in each rank and slowly worked my way up like other Marines. Nothing wrong graduating as a Pvt/PFC.

I would guess that one would need to be a contract PFC before it is even possible. Maybe the Company Honormen that aren't graduating as LCPL weren't contract PFCs.

I don't know. My platoon's honorman graduated as a LCPL. Other than him, I only knew one Marine that graduated as a LCPL.

Yes, you need to be a contract PFC.

Our company honorman graduated PFC....because he went in a Pvt.

Only one in my company graduated LCpl, he was a prior service Navy E-6.

Our Company Honorman did not receive Lance Corporal and he was a contract PFC. It is very difficult in this time of war to be promoting individuals to Lance Corporal and expect them to take cruicial leadership positions directly when they hit the fleet whent they are green as grass. Covey is the exception and not the rule and obviously he has continued his exceptional abilities due to his promotion to Corporal. Don't expect it especially at PI.

I have heard from many poolees that their recruiters promised them lcpl right after boot with multiple referals, but the poolee handbook (among many sources) states that you must be in service for 6 months and most pfcs will be promoted at that time. So my question is: can these recruiters really promise lcpl after boot, or is it bull?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Signsrscary
    I have heard from many poolees that their recruiters promised them lcpl right after boot with multiple referals, but the poolee handbook (among many sources) states that you must be in service for 6 months and most pfcs will be promoted at that time. So my question is: can these recruiters really promise lcpl after boot, or is it bull?
    Of course they can promise you that!! How about a trip to the moon? Your own command out of SOI/MCT, maybe? Who knows, sometimes the timing works out so it seems that you get promoted faster, but why would you want to be promoted faster? If you can't handle the position why have it? Believe me there are L/Cpls in the fleet that have 2 years, Time in Service, how do you think they would feel about having a Boot L/Cpl telling them what to do? How would YOU feel?

Yes I understand the concept corporal. Thank you for answering the question.

You can get promoted more quickly- it is a meritorious promotion. I don't know if a recruiter can get you promoted through referrals, but if they are making the promise I assume they can.

The pay increase isn't a bad thing, but honestly as a boot you're a boot. You could be a Pvt. PFC or LCPL, and your life will be the same. What is on your collar won't have much of an impact on how you're treated by the senior Marines at your first unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Signsrscary
    You can pick up LCpl with [I think] 3 referrals. I was in MOS school with someone that graduated from PI at the same time I did. We graduated from PI April 27, she picked up LCpl June 1.

You have to be a PFC for 9 months to pick up LCpl unless it's meritorious. My PEBD is Jan 27, I picked up LCpl Oct 1.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR03Hopeful
    You can pick up LCpl with [I think] 3 referrals. I was in MOS school with someone that graduated from PI at the same time I did. We graduated from PI April 27, she picked up LCpl June 1.

You have to be a PFC for 9 months to pick up LCpl unless it's meritorious. My PEBD is Jan 27, I picked up LCpl Oct 1.
    This is the same information my recruiter told me, if you have contract PFC at bootcamp and get the 3 referrals you will get a meritorious promotion, he said it's very rare to get unless the recruiter "pads" your numbers (i.e. writing you as a referral for just anyone) or you get recruiter's Assistance.

Thread Information