Darnit
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darnit

Darnit

I just read a posting, and a new Marine had said that the crucible is being moved to the 11th week of training.

I looked on the calender, and it just so happens that my birthday is in the 11th week.

Maybe Ill get lucky and have my birthday in the crucible. That would make for a good story to tell.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    According to the new training matrix, both MCRDs are now doing the crucible in the 11th week! As it should be, I think! Good luck, but you will be ready for that when it happens, trust me!

lol

Well my 21st B-day is in the second wk of training. I guess no partying that night!

Make sure you tell your DI's that it's your b-day. They'll give you a present.

Haha while I was in boot camp, this one girl who's rack was near mine had a birthday. Another recruit was dumb enough to make her a card during free time. Somehow the card got lost though. We all freaked out for like two days thinking that the DIs got ahold of it, but we never heard anything about it. I guess it just got lost somehow.

Another guy that I am shipping with, his birthday is 3 days before mine.

Any fresh Marines know what day of the week the Crucible starts?

If I indeed ship out 13 November, then my birthday falls when we would be getting individual photos taken during the 5th week (20 December). I guess that's a good birthday present? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KRenee87
    Well my 21st B-day is in the second wk of training. I guess no partying that night!
    Oh, there will be a party in our barracks.

lol@poolees thinking they will have "fun".

Question: In MCRDSD, how do they do incorporate all the rifle training and crucible stuff if its at different phases in training? Isn't it a long drive out to Pendleton?

i didnt know they moved it to begin with. I k now when i did it in 98 it was the 12th week and then we had the warriors breakfast (i almost puked) and then we got ready to buss down back to MCRD for the last week which was getting ready for graduation travel, etcall that squaring away ****.

but anyways when did they move it was it in the middle of training?

oh hey poolees ill give ya some advice though on it... When you guys break your mre's down SAVE THE INSTANT COFFEE!!!! i never made coffee with it but id just eat dump the packet in my mouth for a nice good jolt. Oh and heres another tip for all you guys who got to san diego. Since if you didnt know its cold at pendleton i think theres only one series a year that is not issued cold weather gear. So basically here it goes after you get all muddy from the infiltraion course im not sure if your DI's will give you all the choice of wether to put new ones on (ours said they just were observers and we made all the choices). But keep the muddy ones on it will help keep you guys warm since the mud will insulate you.

I ****ed off my senior and i had firewatch each day of the crucible so i got i think one hour of sleep a night WOOOOOHOOO as oppesed to the normal 3.

When we go to Weapons and Field Training Battalion (T-Day 23) , we call it going "up north." It's actually pretty close to Camp Pendleton, about an hour drive. With the heavy traffic, it may take up to two hours. I remember when we were going back "down south" (MCRDSD) the drive was two hours. Our drill instructors told everyone to sleep on the bus because he did not want to deal with recruits chit chatting and causing unnecessary disturbances i.e. letter writing or waving to civilians outside.

As for having a birthday, make sure your drill instructors don't find out. Otherwise, you're probably in for a long IT session. Our guide had his birthday on the week before graduation and our drill instructors threatened him with IT beyond imagination.

It isn't just close to Camp Pendleton- it is at Camp Pendleton.

The Crucible is in the 11th week of training, but due to the receiving time and forming, it may be the 12th week a recruit is on the island. It was changed to the 10th training week a few years ago (early-mid 2000s) and was changed back this year in accordance with the original vision of the Crucible.

Edson Range was part of Camp Pendleton? I didn't know that. They told me that Camp Pendleton was more inland.

I hated that cold nights at Edson Range during field week. Is it like that everywhere in Camp Pendleton? I literally froze during firewatch at the bivoauc site.

Thread Information