On base Hunting?
Create Post

On base Hunting?

So I've been told that where ever you are stationed, you are allowed to hunt the properties on the base, for animals in thier respective seasons,

can anyone confirm this? and/or has anyone done so to any avail?

what about weapon, time regulations,

thanks
    marinepooly1361

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I know this is outdated, but in my day, the early 70s, there were controlled hunts on Camp LeJeune, during season. I seem to remember that you could actually check out a bolt action 30 cal or something like that at the time, I could be wrong, but some of the younger Marines would probably give you a better answer on that.

on the contrary all bases are federal reserves you arent allowed to kill anything even the big ass crows that attack your mre's..

all the way down to that endagered microscopic shrimp things that you arent allowed to drive off the road after a rain in the puddles and the road master will have your ass if you do. I know this one we drove all over the fire breaks one time and got a vehicle stuck in the mud. Oh ya it was a BAD thing i guess.

They allowing deer hunting, duck hunting, fishing, etc., here at Camp Lejeune.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So there ya have it, things do change over the years, and some don't I guess, huh? Thanks guys! I stand corrected and informed.

Deer hunting was allowed at Lejeune and Cherry Point in my day. Of course, the deer were the size of large dogs at best so I don't really see the point.

There's flyers all over Lejune for all the extra curricular activiities offered, including skeet shooting, archery, paintball, hunting, fishing, rock climbing, etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There actually was and probably still is a archery only season "in" base housing on Quantico. Some unusual rules went with it such only on week days and only while school is in session. The other side of 95 had a regular shotgun season that required you to check in with the game warden daily and be assigned a hunting section. The same went for turkey season.

The short answer is yes there is regulated hunting on every base I've been on in Conus.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Cool, thanks everyone

I know that up here at selfridge, which will be my reserve unit, they stopped all hunting because of the highway being so close by, which sucks because I always see deer on it.

and EB4, the tiny deer are the tender deer

I can see young deer being tender I suppose. But, the kind of deer they had were just small. I never saw one that even looked like I would consider to be a small deer around here.

I usually called them German Shepherds with antlers.

Thread Information