Request Permission to Come Aboard - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm not sure why you're so shocked here Jpal?? On nice shooting days, with little to no wind, friendly clouds, and overall everything going well, this is almost easy if you're focused. I assure you, there were no "hook-ups". It was a full range that week. WM's tended to learn shooting fundamentals very well. Not only is this possible but happens all the time. You'll see....unless you're a shaky jake?

Quote Originally Posted by jpal3451
    WTF? .............
    You don't know what an Officer Candidate is?

Its like a poolee/recruit except she gets hooked up with E-5 pay during training and when she graduates she's a Lieutenant, not a Private.

because you aren't there, and this is the internet. sure, show respect and what not where it is due, but you just look like a moron all talkin in 3rd person and whatnot. You'll have plenty of time to talk in the third person like a machine or something when the time comes. Untill then, work hard and relax.... Thats just my opinion though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Respect and What not? Stand down, Jpal. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    I'm not sure why you're so shocked here Jpal?? On nice shooting days, with little to no wind, friendly clouds, and overall everything going well, this is almost easy if you're focused. I assure you, there were no "hook-ups". It was a full range that week. WM's tended to learn shooting fundamentals very well. Not only is this possible but happens all the time. You'll see....unless you're a shaky jake?

I guess maybe I am, I am a marksman, hopefully I will improve this year on the range, I was just not accustomed to seeing 249s.

I guess maybe I am, I am a marksman, hopefully I will improve this year on the range, I was just not accustomed to seeing 249s.

lol..not accustomed to seeing 249's?......you are actin as if you have been in the Corps for many years and in actuality less then a year......don't be so suprised about those things Jpal........the impossible isnt always that......

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    lol..not accustomed to seeing 249's?......you are actin as if you have been in the Corps for many years and in actuality less then a year......don't be so suprised about those things Jpal........the impossible isnt always that......
    249 my rear unless she was Carlos Hathcock reborn.

yeah freaking hooking eachother up in the butts. Everytime I'm in the butts I get villified as a "Buddy F-er" because I flat out refuse to hook anyone up.

Ooops - you unq'ed?? Well, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SHOOT MARINE !! Isn't every Marine a rifleman??

lol..ya "every Marine is a rifleman first".......but when you are talkin to grunts that doesnt have the same meaning.....lol

but i do agree its not col to hook people up like that....tthey should get their buts out there n practice more......

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    I'm not sure why you're so shocked here
    Agree, while firing alot makes more noise and smoke and snapping in creates habitual positions it does not neccesarily build an accurate marskmen, without awareness and skill assessment. Some people have to work hard and concentrate on many variables for every well placed round while others just naturaly take to the rifle or the pistola. Still others cast a fly between boulders with deadly accuracy or split an apple with an arrow even without "proper" training. If a new shooter is punching holes in the black with every round squeezed off they may have a gift for transfering classroom to field or they simply "get it"

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Respect and What not? Stand down, Jpal. WTF?

what not being courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    I will clarify --

I worked at a range for two weeks on a working party while I was in forming for MOS school and did not see one person including PMI's that had to qualify get over a 240. When I went to the range in the fleet the high that week was a 238. Obv it isn't impossible, I only said I was not accustomed to seeing it in the time that I've spent on ranges.

ahh...gotcha...didnt know you spent a couple weeks at the ranges.....my bad bro

what not being courtesy.

lemme clarify that so no one is offended.

when I said "What not" I meant courtesy towards whoever rates it from her. whether the person is a Marine or not. When I said "WTF?!?" That was pretty much exactly what I would say if someone walked up to me in person and spoke like that. Maybe for the bulliten board purpose, ok, thats cool, I guess it went over my head ... But i'm basically tellin her that she can be respectfull without talkin like that. There's a time and place for it, and to me, it aint when you're home sittin on the computer before you even go to bootcamp or ocs ...... So I said work hard and relax. Relax as in don't be so uptight, there is a time and place for it, and there will be more than enough of it. This is all my opinion, and honestly I realy don't care to argue with folks over the net, so if I offended anyone just shoot me a msg.

Credits
    Savings
    jpal3451
    My bad for berating you with the shaky-jake comment.
    SFi
    C

Thread Information