Peak Weight: 295
    Current Weight: 260
    Goal Weight: <240 By mid September.
    Current Pull-ups: 0
    Goal Pull-ups: 20
    Current 1.5 mile: 17 minutes
    Goal 3 miles: <26:20
    Crunches: Not sure, not worried.

I want Recon. (I know the odds are not in my favor, but I don't care.)

Now:
    Pullups: 4
    Crunches: 75
    1.5mi Run: 11Mins

Goals: 10 Pullups
    Cut 2Mins off Run
    Learn All General Orders

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc223

It's good to shoot for the most but make sure you recognize that these goals are your long term goals. Set up some intermediate goals for yourself as benchmarks along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc223

Never, never NEVER doubt yourself. You want to be a Marine? leave the words DON'T and CAN'T out of your vocabulary. If you say you CAN'T, then you can't. If you say "I CAN lose ten pounds by next month" you WILL lose 10 pounds by next month. KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    PT Goal: to be able to outrun my wife when she finds out what i did last weekend......

nah, just kidding.....

Current Weight: 185
    Goal: Burn 5 - 10 pounds of FAT and lose these mini-rolls
    Method: No More BEER !!!!

alright, ran a practice PFT last night with my recruiter and some fellow poolees, so here's the current stats:

Weight: 203
    Pulls: 17 (had a bad day though)
    Crunches: 100
    3 Mile Run: 23:54 (stopped in the woods for a head call though)

Overall I'm happy with it, but I'm doing it again tonight to better it

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im at 118 little tiny thing. Ive got 18 pullup 100 crunches 7 minutes 1.5 mile but i need about 30 extra pounds lots of noodles and fat boy foods

Quote Originally Posted by Kurby494
    It's good to shoot for the most but make sure you recognize that these goals are your long term goals. Set up some intermediate goals for yourself as benchmarks along the way.
    I am 100% going to agree with Kurbs here. I attempt to make weekly and monthly physical goals. With this you need to be keeping a log of your progress. This will allow you to see what you were able to do and what you do now. It is motivational and it gives you a way to judge your goals for the next week/month. As well you will be able to better understand when you hit a peak or a wall and need to try something new. I myself needed 3 different types of pullup programs alone along with going to the gym in order to get to 20 pullups. Keep up the good work, but like Kurbs said, short specific goals are key to your success

My button wasn't working, triple post

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    I am 100% going to agree with Kurbs here. I attempt to make weekly and monthly physical goals. With this you need to be keeping a log of your progress. This will allow you to see what you were able to do and what you do now. It is motivational and it gives you a way to judge your goals for the next week/month. As well you will be able to better understand when you hit a peak or a wall and need to try something new. I myself needed 3 different types of pullup programs alone along with going to the gym in order to get to 20 pullups. Keep up the good work, but like Kurbs said, short specific goals are key to your success
    Agreeing w/ both of you. When I started on my journey I thought "Holy *&$# I have to lose 120 pounds in a year?!??" and it got me down, but then I thought "okay, if I lose 10 pounds or so a month, I can do this," and that is what I focus on. Sometimes I still get a little un-motivated because I can't see the progress, and noone else can see the progress, but I know that I'm doing SOMETHING right, because that number on the scale keeps dropping down. It's all about the "baby steps".

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My goal is to lose at least 15 pounds in a this month and get all my scores up. I can do the dead hang just fine, sit ups I'm at like 65 right now but I'm out of shape and practice, run time... meh I couldn't tell ya I just got over a bout of Taco Bell induced food poisoning so i've been a little weak over the past week.

Funny thing is... I weigh 196 but even my recruiter was asking me where I was hiding the bricks because i guess I don't look it, I guess I look a good 40 pounds lighter. So now I'm thinking if I lose 40 to DEP in I'll be a stick! No actually it'll probably all come from the stomach, the rest of my body is actually fairly toned, I've let a few beverages get to me

But I agree with what everyone is saying, sometimes you gotta look in the near future to see that your goal really is possible, like Kitty said up there 120 pounds in a year sounds like a lot but once you break it down and look at it like oh thats really only 10 pounds a month, its not bad.

Another thing I like to use is never saying I HAVE to do X goal I always like to say I WANT to or I GET to! When I was talking to my manager I was talking about how I GET to lose 40 pounds to DEP into the Marines. Maybe thats just me though

Current
    Pull-Ups: 5
    Crunches: 77
    1.5 Mile - 11:36

Goal
    Pull-Ups: 15
    Crunches: 90
    3 Mile - < 25:00

When Next Year Rolls Around I hope to have either hit this goal or surpassed it.

For the month of July final fitness report

Pull-ups: 6
    Crunches: 115
    1.5 Mile: 9:24
    Weight: 225
    Ship Weight: 213

My goal is to loose 2-3 lbs a week, and gain a Pull-up a week. I have made myself a delicate pull-up program that I know will jump up my Pull-ups in no time.

i am in njrotc and i need to get my pt sores up for rotc and so i can join the marines in like 340 days. i can do lots and lots of pushups and crunches but i am really big and i weigh like 236(as of toadys physical) and i cant run to well. i am working on it but nothing is working for me or if it is it is really slow.

Thread Information