Provisional Rifle Company
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm looking for anyone that served with 1st FSR, H&S Battalion, Fleet Marine Force, Force Logistics Command, Provisional Rifle Company, Camp Books, RVN.
    Billy Joe Churchwell
    billyjoechu@comcast.net
    http://www.billyjoe.net/Vietnam/

Hey Bill, Here I am Again.

Semper Fi,
    Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoechu
    I'm looking for anyone that served with 1st FSR, H&S Battalion, Fleet Marine Force, Force Logistics Command, Provisional Rifle Company, Camp Books, RVN.
    Billy Joe Churchwell
    billyjoe@billyjoe.net
    http://www.billyjoe.net/vietnam/
    billyjoe@billyjoe.net
    www.billyjoe.net/vietnam
    Semper Fi

How Meany provisional rifle company's were in Vietnam?

I don't know. I do know there where Provisional Rifle Company's in previous wars and I think there is at least one in Iran now. I think they are built and disbanded as needed. My Provisional Rifle Company was stationed at Camp Books VN. The sight is at www.billyjoe.net/vietnam
    Semper Fi
    Billy

billy==========How about a Cpl. Paul Larson from Moroni, Utah?

PRC roster

As of today the PRC roster on my web sight reads as follows:
    Marc (Frenchy) Adamsen
    Gary L Bolter
    Cpl, Patrick G. Brannon
    Ronald F. Brobst (Mouse)
    Emil (POP) Cedeno
    Billy Joe Churchwell
    Billy Davis
    Hal W Davis
    Ken Hargrove
    Hunt Holden
    Cpl. Dick (Tarzan) Jeffrey
    Sherrill Jeter
    Dale Sandoval
    Gary Hoerauf
    Cpl Rick Kimes
    Pat King
    C. Wayne Lafitte
    Rick Nash (Short round)
    Jim Nielsen
    Pup Nutter
    Doug Phillips
    William F. Powell
    Robert Regan
    Donald J. Rich
    Dale Sandoval
    Robert S. Snell
    Vernon A. Snodderly
    Norman Styles
    Norman "Doc" Wade
    John Wells

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoechu
    Provisional Rifle Company's new link
    www.billyjoe.net/vietnam
    I also have a Deep Sea Dving web sight.
    www.billyjoe.net/diving

Hey Bill, just came accrosed the web site doing search on the Provisional Rifle company. I served with the Provisional rifle Company June 1970.
    Like to hear from you.
    Wayne LaBancz

Hello Wayne, Hope you approve of the sight. Platoon Sgt Dutch White wrote the interdiction. Which squad/platoon where you in?
    Billy

Hey Guys,

I wasn't expecting a response so soon. nice job with the site. My memory is a little vage on the Platoon and Squad. I only served 4 months when I was sent home on a emergency leave. My first born baby girl was full term but died at birth. We were on patrol when a chopper landed with a Navy Chaplin aboard and I had to make a instant decision on going home or staying in-country. I left and made a big mistake in doing so, but that is another story. I do remember My platoon and squad was near the Scout dog kennels and I did become very close friends with a dog handler and work with him back at camp books when we were not on patrol. I did make a lot of friends and hope someone remembers me and can fill in some of my blanks. I do remember my squad leader's last name was Haggerty but I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right.

The kennel was built while I was there. So where the hooches. The kennel was built along side 3rd platoon. You where pronely in 1st or 2nd squad. Sorry to hear about your child. Did you sign the guest book. I haven't looked at the sight for a while. Hope it still works.

Wayne LaBancz

Hi Billy,

Great hearing from you. In reading your post looks like we may have none one another. Thanks for the information, It really helps sometimes thinking about Vietnam and the friends we made but have little or no information about one another and not thinking at the time to record names and addresses. The one dog handler I mention. I remember he was on his 3rd tour because his dog would not go to another handler and they were going to have to put him down when he left. But or the life of me I can't remember his name. Also I can' fine the guest book to sign in. Hope to talk to you again

Semper FI

Thread Information