Walking Dead
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Walking Dead

Could anyone give me any info on the Walking Dead?

thank you

Wink

Which "Walking Dead"?
    1st Bn 9th Marines aka "The Walking Dead" or the movie "The Walking Dead".

Here's a link to the story how 1st Bn 9th Marines came to be known as the "Walking Dead";

http://64.127.181.67/marine-units-histories/1-9.htm

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Wink

1st Bn 9th Marines " Di bo Chet" aka the "Walking Dead"

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Credits
    Savings
    my question is related to 1st Bn 9th Marines

did anyone here serve in the walking dead?

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Whew , that would be a small crowd. seeing how 1/9 has been dactivated now. are you just speaking of the viet nam marines?

lots of good Marines came out of 1/9 some of the best!

Registered User Free Member mardet65's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Send a message or e-mail to lucky 106, he's a good friend of mine who served with H&S Company 1/9 in Vietnam '67-'68. I'm sure he'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

Registered User Free Member Norton1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

I served with them briefly

in 1965. Comm Support Platoon, H&S Company, 1/9 as a radio operator.

I know a few of the 1/9ers - what are you interested in knowing?

Semper Fi
    Steve

Registered User Free Member lucky106's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Walking Dead

Originally posted by TyShea
    Could anyone give me any info on the Walking Dead?

thank you
    Ty I got your message what exactly do you want to know about
    1/9 [Walking Dead] I was in 10-66 to 6-67

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow 1/9 Walking Dead

I was with the Walking Dead after Vietnam while serving a few months on the Rock.

This is my first chance getting online here between my Geno research.

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Norton1, I was in 3/3 65-66 Support Bn. I believe you guys were accross the road from us,or my memorys failing.

Registered User Free Member Norton1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

SHOOTER1

Yes - we started in that little camp by the swamp across from the air strip. MAG-16 was on the hill above us. I was there until Oct of 65 then I went with Sub Unit #2 up at Phu Bai. We set up a commo van for the 4th Marines. I was crosstrained with ANGLICO and was an FO with the 12th Marines there.

We were still in the swamp in July when the little folks hit the strip in 65. You guys would have been right between MAG-16 and us - the mortars walked right through you into us - after wacking MAG-16. Wasn't it your outfit that Sgt. Anderson was from? The Sgt's squad that ambushed the VC unit coming in to hit the airstrip from the other side? It was 3rd Marines - I remember that. Saved out asses.

That sound about right? Welcome to Viet F'in Nam

Semper Fi
    Steve

Credits
    Savings
    Recently I read a book on Marines in Vietnam. There was a paragraph written about 1/9. The book said that these men were some of the best the Marines had to offer. I would be interested in learning everything about them.

After makinkg this post I found out that a friend of mine was in 1/9 charlie company. When I asked him about it he would'nt talk. I respect that, there is no doubt in my mind that he saw things that no man should have to see. I also realize that many of you on leatherneck.com have seen even worse. So with saying that I would like to say that I am sorry that if in any way I offended anyone.

I admire my friend and I realize that Vietnam had a deep effect on him. I would like to know what happend to make him the way he is.

If any of you would do me the honor of telling me your stories to help better understand things I would be very grateful.

Originally posted by TyShea
    Recently I read a book on Marines in Vietnam. There was a paragraph written about 1/9. The book said that these men were some of the best the Marines had to offer. I would be interested in learning everything about them.

After makinkg this post I found out that a friend of mine was in 1/9 charlie company. When I asked him about it he would'nt talk. I respect that, there is no doubt in my mind that he saw things that no man should have to see. I also realize that many of you on leatherneck.com have seen even worse. So with saying that I would like to say that I am sorry that if in any way I offended anyone.

I admire my friend and I realize that Vietnam had a deep effect on him. I would like to know what happend to make him the way he is.

If any of you would do me the honor of telling me your stories to help better understand things I would be very grateful.
    Yer askin for personal information from people ...Yet You don't have the courtesy to fill out yer profile...wtf You expect??? I'll tell ya straight Up info...We did and will Do

Registered User Free Member albert torcini's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I ALSO WAS PART OF SUB UNIT #2. I RODE SHOT GUN ON FUEL AND SUPPLY TRUCKS BETWEEN MARBLE MOUNTAIN AND DANANG.
    A LOT OF MARINES FROM 1/9 I WENT TO BOOT CAMP WITH. MY PLT AT P.I. WAS 252. GRADUATED SEPT. 64. I WENT TO MARBLE MOUNTAIN THE NEXT DAY AND IT LOOKED LIKE ALL HELL HAD BROKE LOOSE. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH,I WAS ONLY 18 AT THE TIME AND WHEN I SAW ALL THAT DESTRUCTION I WAS SCARED.
    I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO MADE IT FROM MY OLD BOOT CAMP DAYS.

SEMPER FI TO ALL
    AL T

Thread Information